$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Houston, TX 77002
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 72 days ago
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
A Director (Manager) level consultant focused on operational and optionally commercial excellence, with deep sourcing and procurement expertise with a focus on strategic sourcing and procurement. A Director will typically be expected to manage projects and teams of consultants, receiving oversight and supervision from Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors. Directors are expected to have strong client presence and project management skills, be able to manage multiple workstreams, and be adept at synthesizing large amounts of data to summarize key takeaways and recommendations. This role will provide services primarily in the following areas:
- Performance Improvement;
- Merger Integration
- PE firm – Operational Due Diligence
- Apply sales and marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, and procurement expertise with regards to transformational projects, including merger integration engagements.
- Apply Six Sigma, Lean, and similar methods to provide operational recommendations and detailed implementation plans.
- Lead client teams, e.g. functional work streams, in developing operational plans and identifying synergies during merger / transition planning.
- Apply business and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g., operations improvements, make vs buy analysis, spend analysis, strategic sourcing, operational due diligence, etc,)
- Ability to perform the following merger integration tasks related to Sourcing, Procurement, Manufacturing and Distribution Synergy evaluations – understanding the potential benefits, costs, and value drivers of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by work stream, setting up a program governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
- First 100 days and long-term implementation – fully mobilized integration team with a prioritized set of opportunities and realization of quick wins.
- Second wave integration – a refocused, re-energized integration process to capture the originally envisaged benefits of the deal
- Maintain detailed working paper records reflecting assumptions, methodologies and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks
- Work to ensure a quality product, as well as delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Prepare draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Research and organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Maintain professional image within the company and project same to those outside the company.
- Responsible for day to day activities of project including interaction with other team members, professionals from other firms involved in the engagement and client personnel. May include supervision of client personnel.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Effective interpersonal communications, including active listening.
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment; willingness to research, analyze and develop new skills.
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or CPIM certifications preferred.
- General knowledge of corporate finance, supply chain, and manufacturing principles and terminology.
- Experience in procurement and sourcing including spend analysis, sourcing, outsourcing, category management, negotiations, supplier management, procure-to-pay process, sourcing tools, etc.
- Ability to travel 80%.
- MBA and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in Six Sigma
- Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, others)
- Strong analytical skills including data analysis and ability to synthesize and draw relevant conclusions
Valid Through: 2019-9-5