Director Performance Improvement - Quality PI Patient Safety and Accreditation
The Director provides direction and oversight to the Performance Improvement and Performance Measurements departments. The Performance Improvement department deploys tools/skills/methods to affect change at a unit-level and facilitates the spread of improvement across the Florida Hospital enterprise. The Performance Measurement department designs and implements a system of data, reports and analysis that drive leadership decision-making to improve performance. Provides oversight and strategic direction for the portfolio of system-wide performance improvement projects. Ensures an effective program of training and competency-evaluation exists to enable self-improvement at the operating unit level. Oversees the development and ongoing deployment of performance measurement & analysis resources. The Director must effectively plan resources to deliver a balanced portfolio of quality improvement aligned with the strategic agenda of Florida Hospital. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Leadership skills, including a demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of responsibility; comfort with decision-making responsibilities; coaching, teaching, and counseling skills; the ability to influence and motivate.
- Communication skills and interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of staff and leadership as well as external stakeholders of the organization. This involves the ability to persuade and negotiate in situations that are controversial/sensitive and result in authoritative decisions.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
- Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness. Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
- Mastery of desktop applications, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and project management applications (MS Project).
- Knowledge and application of statistical analyses including financial variance analysis and statistical significance preferred. (Preferred)
- Master’s degree in Business Engineering or Healthcare (e.g.--MBA, MHA, or MPH).
- 7 years of healthcare management or process improvement experience
- Background in performance improvement
- Working knowledge of quality and safety improvement strategies and methods
- Experience training, coaching, and mentoring on the principles and application of process improvement tools. (Preferred)
- Experience with the use of alternate media for instruction (video, internet) (Preferred)
- Experience and competence in training/teaching performance improvement tools and methods. (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Master-level certification from a nationally-recognized body in a quality improvement methodology/toolset such as Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, etc.
- Job Responsibilities:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Serves as the organization-wide content expert on process improvement methods and imparts relevant details to senior leaders and quality staff. Continually expands/updates this knowledge.
- Ensures the training and competence of Florida Hospital management and quality personnel on approved process improvement methods in partnership with Florida Hospital Leadership Development and Clinical Education programs.
- Oversees the development and operation of an organization-wide Performance Measurement program – to include a data repository, benchmarking, scorecard deployment and expert analysis.
- Develops and executes an ongoing project selection process that includes senior executive direction and assures performance improvement activities are aligned with strategic objectives.
- Oversees a portfolio of performance improvement efforts, including the valuation of project benefits. Develops a pipeline of projects into the PI portfolio that account for the timing, sequence and impact of efforts over time.
- Directs the cost-effective operation of the Performance Management and Performance Improvement departments. Oversees administrative and business details, to include: preparation & management of budget; accountabilities aligned to FH strategic priorities; department operation plans, policies and procedure; communication plans.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Director Performance Improvement opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.