$100K — $150K *
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world. FTI Strategic Communications is currently looking for a Director to join our People Transformation practice. You will primarily boost team members in the execution of communications and change management strategies, including but not limited to, merger integration, carve outs, restructuring, performance improvement, head transitions, etc. By doing so, you will learn the necessary subjects and processes to serve and advise clients. Programs generally emphasize internal stakeholders but also may include strategies targeted to customers, suppliers and other third parties.
A successful Director is assured in an entrepreneurial environment and is able to work independently
while demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail. Candidates must be able to build strong relationships with colleagues, adapt easily to differing work styles and be open to alternate points of view to improve work processes, solve client needs and contribute to firm development, as applicable. Some travel may be required ─ including the possibility of being a key contributor to onsite client engagements.
Please note, at the time of writing, FTI team members are currently working from their homes during the COVID
-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our employees remains our number one priority and, as such, office openings, travel and on-site considerations will be addressed as the situation evolves.
What You'll Do
As a Director you will work across FTI's People Transformation communications offerings, including organizational effectiveness (e.g., defining culture, engaging around vision and values, speaking strategy), change management and restructuring. You will conduct research, help to develop messaging and materials, gain exceptional project management skills and partner with colleagues in other practice areas and geographies to surround client challenges and pursue new business.
As a Director, you must keep up-to-date on key issues and current events for clients, as well as broader business trends. Tasks will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Have a thorough understanding of each client's business and industry Perform detailed and accurate research to underpin all client projects and deliverables
- Support client teams to deliver high quality work that achieves business objectives
-Draft client materials, such as internal communications, stakeholder messaging and presentations under the direction of senior team members
- Contribute to the development of strategic project plans for client programs Anticipate client needs and concerns and proactively work with senior leaders to address them
-Provide strong project management support to ensure on-time delivery aligned with broader project plans
- Provide tactical support to team members as needed, including conducting research for new business pitches, etc.
- Work with colleagues to produce new business pitch materials
- Support the development of new offerings that address needs in the market
How You'll Grow
Direct access to leadership with defined long-term career planning will ensure you continue to develop your skills as a communications and change management practitioner. This position also allows the unique opportunity to partner with internal teams in various specialty areas to tackle a myriad of high visibility client challenges across industries. With an emphasis on a collaborative team approach, we all learn from each other as we share diverse perspectives and ways of working to best meet client challenges and continue to grow the firm.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in communication and/or change management
- Experience with internal communications / change management and/or M&A, restructuring or other "event-driven" high intensity work - Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proven project management skills and the developed ability to multi-task (e.g., managing priorities between multiple client assignments)
- Ability to stay well organized, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of individuals
- Proficient skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A high level of integrity and mindfulness to confidential information
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Valid through: 3/11/2021