Dutchie is a technology company that connects consumers with their favorite dispensaries. Our mission is to create easy and safe access to cannabis for everyone. We are the leading and fastest-growing e-commerce provider in cannabis, facilitating $3B in sales, powering online ordering for the top dispensaries throughout the United States and Canada. We deliver insights to our dispensary partners that grow their business and ensure they are compliant with ever-changing rules and regulations.
Dutchie has raised $53M in funding to date, backed by Howard Schultz (Former CEO of Starbucks), Thrive Capital (Investor in Instagram, Stripe, Spotify, and Slack), Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, one of the leading cannabis-focused VC’s, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the role
We’re looking for a Director of People Operations to join our growing team. In this high impact role, you’ll lead a growing People Operations team to craft and execute strategies for how we hire, onboard, develop, empower, retain and prioritize work.
You’ll partner with business leaders to define, develop, lead, and roll out scalable HR solutions and serve as a trusted consultant to leaders and managers on people-related issues. You’ll formulate partnerships across the org to bring programs to life and build rapport with all levels of employees. You must have the ability to function in a fast-paced and innovative environment, be a self-starter and not be afraid of problem-solving complex issues.
What you'll do...
People Ops Team Management:
- Lead a growing People Operations team with a focus on employee experience as it relates to onboarding, off-boarding, compensation, benefits, compliance, policy and HRIS systems.
- Drive a proactive and positive culture that translates to high levels of engagement, enablement and retention through people programs.
- Work with leadership and the People team to shape the People strategy, aligning to dutchie principles and business objectives that support growth, continuous iteration and improvement.
- Provide People Ops support to the business by answering employee questions about People programs, policies and other people-related inquiries.
- Provide individual and group training on a variety of HR tools, policies & procedures, and other topics such as training for managers, and new team members.
- Manage compensation programs, including base salary, and short term & long term incentive programs, as it relates to ongoing benchmarking and assessments of market data and the performance review and development cycles.
- Improve competitive total reward programs while managing costs and vendors that allow us to scale.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Support efforts to resolve complex employee relations issues while partnering with business partners, Managers, and employment counsel as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of our People data, including surveys and HRIS systems.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance with an emphasis on non-exempt employees.
- Stay current on in-depth knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws in the geographies in which we operate and ensure compliance.
What you bring...
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, including 3+ years managing and developing teams, in high growth technology companies with demonstrated experience building HR processes and frameworks.
- Experience supporting total rewards programs including regular analysis of market data and leading compensation efforts though performance cycles.
- Experience implementing DEI programs and driving new DEI initiatives.
- Relentless learner, you probe various sources for answers, look beyond the obvious and are open to change.
- Focused on finding solutions and excited about the possibility and prospect of doing things differently.
- First principles approach when providing solutions -- using sound judgment, analysis and data when making decisions.
- Experience with developing and managing People Ops processes and programs for global organization is a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance