Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Reporting to the VP, People for ERCS and Functions, the Director, People Business Partner will work closely with Business Leaders (SVP’s) and their leadership teams to drive business outcomes through the development of and execution against appropriate people priorities. The role is based in San Jose and partners with a global leadership team that is predominantly based in San Jose, CA.
The successful candidate will partner with the business leaders to develop business objectives and interpret what people enablers are necessary to deliver business results. Further the role is accountable for leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal customers and in close partnership with the People Team Centers of Excellence (COE’s). This individual will also be charged with strengthening the senior leadership team of each function by providing coaching and counsel to senior executives to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
Core capabilities required:
- Analytical and critical thinking with a metrics-driven approach to solutions and the ability to leverage analytics and insights to create compelling narratives for change to gain sponsorship.
- The ability to root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results.
- A deep business acumen and the executional know how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and supports of its people.
- The ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible format for the business leaders and their teams.
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization.
- The ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity.
- 10+ years of HRGeneralistexperience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth, organizations
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in OD/Learning, Facilitation, Executive Recruiting and Employee Relations is desired
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.