DoorDash is seeking a leader to build a world-class People Analytics function. This is a unique opportunity to drive significant impact by developing the team, roadmap, and insights that will shape our People strategy and drive decision-making at a time when we are rapidly scaling and expanding.
About the Role
- You will define the overall People Analytics team vision, strategy, and roadmap - DoorDash is very data-driven, and you will have the opportunity to bring this to life for the company. You will have the opportunity to define the vision for the team and build the roadmap to achieve that vision.
- You will build a high performing team. Upon joining DoorDash, you will lead a team of 3 with the potential to grow the team significantly in your first year. You will determine how best to structure the team to meet the needs of our increasingly complex business.
- Your team will generate the insights needed to make data-driven people-related decisions. Your team will enable DoorDash to increase the use of data when making people strategy decisions, whether related to key programs such as performance management or informing the employee retention strategy for a large team.
- You will research and innovate. We are looking for someone who will lead a team in both nailing the fundamentals as well as in driving innovation.
This role is a key leadership role for the People team and reports to the VP of People Strategy and Operations.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a People Analytics expert. You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in People Analytics, with increasing responsibility. You have experience analyzing and developing insights and recommendations based on complex data sets. You also have experience in determining how to collect and manage key data attributes.
- You know how to go from scrappy to scaled. You understand how to build from the ground up, and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You know how to sequence investment so that the team gets “1% better every day.” You are strong at both analytics and data infrastructure.
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You are adept at translating high level strategy into implementation plans that ensure quality execution. You have an eye for detail while keeping the 30,000 foot view in mind. You have demonstrated success in driving initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook.
- You are a strong leader with a track record of building high-performing, customer-obsessed teams. You are an effective recruiter and you develop talent within your team.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build relationships with key business partners and develop a trusted advisory relationship with them. You are effective at change management and in driving outcomes even without direct authority. You are a clear communicator, effective at presenting to executive audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership and management experience in progressively more challenging roles
- Prior experience leading People Analytics or key functions within that team in 5,000+ employee organizations preferred
- Expertise in selecting data and analytics platforms
- Expertise in SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Visier, Workday, etc.)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.