At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are seeking a Director Payroll Services who will report to the VP Payroll Services and will support, align with and contribute to the vision of the EVP’s strategic plan. The Director Payroll Services will be a hands on, dynamic leader who will lead the tactical execution, guidance and leadership required to drive superb client service within production payroll, focusing on promoting operational excellence and continuous process improvement across regional offices.
- Lead, develop, and motivate high performing teams across all the regional offices
- Provide and drive tactical execution that meets or exceeds all processing, accuracy and department targets
- Ensure accurate processing of policies and procedures and all areas remain in compliance with company policies and Federal/State regulations.
- Utilize reporting tools to provide accurate assessment and progress to meet Key Strategic Implementation Metric (SIM) and Key Performance Initiatives (KPI) goals and following through until goals are met
- Interact with client escalations and issues, to include following through to ensure they are addressed and their concerns are met, managing their expectations in conjunction with other departments as needed
- Effectively communicate to the Payroll Services center of excellence Managers and ensure communication is managed effectively to all the team members.
- Significantly contribute as a member of the Payroll organization to support its long-term success and the broader success of EP in its vision and strategy.
- Key Stakeholders:
- Studio production finance executives
- Project specific accounting staff
- Cross departmental internal staff
- Approximately 4-6 direct reports, leading approximately 50 team members across Payroll Services’ regional offices
- Outstanding leadership capabilities: strong player/coach and able to lead a high performing team which consistently exceeds all expectations
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills, possesses personal impact and strong gravitas
- Confident and experienced decision maker
- Positive outlook with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire teams remotely as well as locally
- Strong results orientation and delivers on commitments, entrepreneurial energy with high sense urgency
- Strong drive for customer success and able to embed and drive this across the team
- Strong planning and analytical skills, and good project management capability
- Responsible for driving payroll process execution for the team
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- MA/MBA or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of experience with Payroll Processing and Payroll Tax preferred (comparable experience w/ strong operational focus will also be considered)
- 8+ years of experience in leadership roles