Director, Patient Marketing
8 - 10 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Pharmacyclics LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie, is focused on developing and commercializing innovative small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancers and immune-mediated diseases for which there is great unmet medical need.
The Director, Patient Marketing will develop and implement strategies focused on building demand and increasing market share of our product as well patient support programs.
This individual will be responsible for marketing strategy, and management of all patient programs including patient education materials (branded and unbranded) patient content on branded and unbranded websites, patient speaker programs, social, email marketing, and all support and CRM programs.
The Director/Associate Director will have significant interaction with the US commercial teams, including sales and marketing leadership.
This individual must ensure that patient initiatives are well aligned to the broader business needs and specific indication strategies as well as integrated, as appropriate across indications.
- Drive strategy and implementation of patient education and marketing tools and patient support programs that support the overall US business strategy.
- Partner with the Brand Indication Teams to create the Brand Overall Patient Marketing Plan Programs and Materials
- Ensure the Patient Marketing plan is integrated and coordinated with the indication specific plans across indications and throughout the patient journey
- Recommend Patient Strategies for the Annual Marketing Plan for each indication
- Recommend Tactics and Manage the content development strategy
- Recommend and Manage the content development of any assigned branded or unbranded program
- Create and coordinate the production and development of Patient Marketing materials by partnering with Indication Teams and agencies
- Direct the day-today activities and status meetings and daily activities of the partner agencies assigned to support Brand activities
- Direct the Patient Marketing activities with IMBRUVICA Brand Management to continuously understand and contribute to Brand objectives
- Make recommendations to Brand Management on new tools and strategies to adopt
- Utilize analytics to optimize programs and measure performance
- Research competitive programming and keep the organization well informed of initiatives
- Educate other functions and teammates in the organization on patient marketing and patient support tactics
- Lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Coordinate the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, segment marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IT
- Manage program budgets and develop metrics to ensure success of the programs
Bachelors Degree or equivalent; MBA and/or Healthcareexperience a plus
5+ years of patient marketing experience with strategic and tactile ownership of a broad range of programs including: consumer marketing, disease state education, and patient support programs
· Strong experience in consumer marketing with well-known brands
· Fluency in patient marketing across platforms and tactics
· Deep experience in building valuable brands and managing every phase of the patient journey
· Good organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
· Ability to develop strong relationships with customers, clinical & sales partners.
· High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to the appropriate level for patients
· Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
· Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
· Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
· Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
· Strong interpersonal skills Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives
· Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
· Leadership Skills - Team oriented with the confidence, maturity and integrity to work effectively as a member of one of the top global biopharmaceutical companies. Self-directed with strong initiative with a high level of self-awareness to work effectively with others, both scientifically and from a business perspective.
· Problem Solving Skills – Brings a high level of intelligence and curiosity to work. Able to apply mature business judgment in making decisions. Creatively and effectively challenges the thinking of others. Capable and effective in negotiations. Able to see the cultural and personal implications of decisions and plan for them.
· Influencing Skills - Able to establish rapport, value and respect within a complex and highly technical environment. Able to sell ideas and influence directly and indirectly. Be team oriented and a decision-maker. Able to initiate and effectively lead change efforts. Knows how and when to teach. Clearly knows the meaning of TEAMwork and accountability.
· Interpersonal Skills - Able to establish and build close working relationships across the organization and with alliance partners. Strong personal credibility and communication skills. Accomplished in group, business and social settings. Comfortable and capable in a variety of cultures and skilled in working in an entrepreneurial and driven culture.
· Strategic Thinking/Business Acumen – Able to demonstrate a high level of strategic thinking and business acumen within a strong and well educated group in order to effectively manage internal and external relationships and gain credibility in the role.
· Results and Action Oriented - Driven to excel and capable of inspiring others to excellence as well. Able to envision a winning future for the organization and then help turn the vision into reality through hands-on action. Accepts the accountability for results of the team and provides clear direction with input from others.
Pharmacyclics is An Equal Opportunity Employer