The Director of Patient Experience and Volunteer Services coordinates the organization's Journey to Excellence (J2X) initiative, develops and implements creative utilization of volunteers to decrease operational costs, serves as the organization's patient advocate, administers HealthStream as it relates to patient satisfaction, coordinates provision of on-site interdenominational chapel services, serves as the coordinator for the Community Needs Assessment, and serves as the administrator for Community Benefit Inventory for Social Accountability (CBISA).
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Coordinates provision of interdenominational chapel services.
- Completes formal annual assessment of organizational need for volunteers. Develops and coordinates all facets of the volunteer program(s) including active recruitment of volunteers to meet organizational need. Responsible for providing all administrative support to the volunteer program, and administers volunteer policies, procedures, interviews, placement, orientation, recognition, and ongoing education/inservices.
- Serves as a liaison between staff and volunteers. Coordinates and develops partnerships with high schools and colleges to place students in volunteer positions. Attends and communicates with community associations, professional, and civic groups as a means of recruitment for volunteers.
- Tracks volunteer time including dates, times, location, and assignment(s) while on-site.
- Serve as administrator for Community Benefit Inventory for Social Accountability (CBISA) including issuing and maintaining passwords and providing quarterly reviews and reporting on CBISA completion.
- Develop and provide training for reports on CBISA.
- Attend the medical system's Community Benefit meetings
- Coordinate the Community Benefit report and complete the narrative and all tables and attachments.
- Respect for individuals, Customer Service, Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Participates in hospital meetings as required.
- Maintains positive and professional demeanor.
- Leadership, Clinical and/or Technical Skills:
- Develops and provides training and training tools for managers and directors to utilize in hardwiring the Studer "must haves" in the organization.
- Coordinates Studer Coach visits ensuring agendas, materials, and meeting requests are in place at least two weeks prior to visit
- In collaboration with the Leadership Development Institute (LDI) team, coordinate LDI sessions including ensuring general topics and speakers are identified and meeting requests are sent to all participants at least one month in advance. Ensure agenda and materials are sent out at least two weeks prior to LDI.
- Provide monthly Journey to Excellence (J2X) training to employees. Track attendance and notify managers within one day of training if their employee(s) did not attend.
- Serve as a liaison to patient experience, reward and recognition, and staff engagement teams.
- Serve as Leaders Evaluation Measurement (LEM) administrator including adding new management as they are hired, keeping employees who are in LEM current, and providing monthly report on utilization of LEM to CEO/CNO.
- Quality and Patient Safety:
- Serves as the patient advocate for the organization by doing the following:
(a) Responds to requests from patients/families/visitors who request to speak with the patient advocate.
(b) Maintains a neutral position while talking with patients/families/visitors regarding concerns. Does not agree or disagree with accusations, but apologizes for not meeting expectations and assures concerns will be followed up on.
(c) Documents patient/visitor concerns including demographic data and synopsis of incident.
(d) Provides written summary of concerns to the responsible manager and the quality department immediately.
(e) Maintains confidentiality with information regarding concerns and does not discuss details with anyone other than those involved
- Serves as the administrator for HealthStream as it relates to patient satisfaction. Includes assuring reports are developed and distributed to end users as required/requested. Actively solicits feedback on whether reports meet needs or if additional reports are needed.
- Cost Effectiveness
- Develops and implements creative utilization of volunteers and new volunteer positions to decrease operational costs.
- Education and Research:
- Serves as coordinator for the Community Needs Assessment including organizing stakeholders, organizing focus groups and organizing online surveys. Locates and procures primary and secondary data sources. Assists in the report development including assembly of qualitative and quantitative data sources. Attends the medical system's Community Assessment meetings.