The Patient Experience Director is the leader of the Patient Experience Program for Satellite. The Director drives the development and execution of the program and ensures appropriate governance.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards.
- Drive the Satellite Healthcare culture and values through the combined focus on quality care and patient service.
- Communicate the objectives of a SHC patient experience and drive patient experience strategy in alignment with Satellite’s pillars, mission, vision, and values.
- Direct the Patient Experience program:
- Develop and manage overall work-plan(s) to ensure progress and achievement of goals
- Organize and manage resources for optimal performance against goals and work-plans
- Monitor and manage risks of the program
- Measure and report on progress, achievements, and risks
- Develop strategies and tactics to meet overall expectations of the program
- Create reminders for keeping dates and commitments of tasks
- Review and provide an analysis of patient experience data. Synthesize patient experience feedback and to facilitate broad understanding.
- Support centers in interpreting their patient experience results and facilitating improvement initiatives.
- Develop and execute on various strategic initiatives related to patient experience.
- Collaborate with the Education Department to develop training materials and participate as needed to train staff from various backgrounds.
- Provide SHC executive team with updates and understanding of the patient experience and their impact on results.
- Recruit and retain an appropriate team.
- Account for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Commit to Satellite’s mission with a passion for patient experience improvements.
- Collaborate with multiple departments and the field to ensure SHC meets or exceeds the patient experience goals as measured by CMS’s ICH CAHPS or Satellite’s internal home patient experience survey.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in healthcare or related field
- Experience in Patient Care Experience and/or ICAHPs management preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Job Knowledge
- Program management
- Data analytics
- Communicate effectively with employees
- Able to oversee the work of others and gathering people and resources as necessary
- Able to chair and provide oversight of Patient Experience Advisory Board
- Able to produce concise written material regarding sensitive information
- Able to maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality
- Able to continuously prioritize issues
- Quality Improvement, Collaboration & Teamwork
- People: Crucial Conversations, Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Management, Job Knowledge, Change Leadership, Talent Development, Servant Leadership
- Service: Relationship Building, Communication Skills, Customer Focus, Time Management
- Growth: Strategic Orientation, Execution, Takes Initiative, Impact & Influence, Business Acumen
- Finance: Achievement Orientation, Profitability Skills, Analytical Thinking, Multi-site management