This position is a system-wide leadership position that provides strategic and operational leadership and is responsible to design, integrate, and coordinate initatives that leverage products and technologies to enhance patient care delivery, decrease clinical variation, standardize practice and drive cost effectiveness and efficiencies. Serves as a liaison to Supply and Services Resource Management (SSRM) for Patient Care Services.
- Provides leadership, direction, influence and strategic vision to develop and operationalize standard processes for care delivery while supporting supply chain activities related to product standardization, conversions and implementation of new technologies. Advises clinical leaders and administrators in matters related to integration of supply chain strategies and initiatives. Collaborates with end-users, SSRM leaders and analysts to identify key strategies and implementation plans and metrics.
- Works collaboratively and is the point person for all patient care supply-related matters including, but not limited to conversions, implementations and system-wide utilization. Directs the coordination between SSRM members, hospital leadership, Nursing executives, end-users and key stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and works with local teams to implement strategies to achieve desired results. Leads, engages and mentors end-users. Engages support of senior leadership for implementation of clinical initiatives related to reduction of clinical variation.
- Drives standardization with a focus on reducing clinical variation where possible. Partners regularly with designated executives, hospital leadership teams, physicians, and department directors/managers to assist with the implementation of the patient careproduct lines, including regular reporting of current status, challenges, compliance and recommendations for each site within the Dignity Health system.
- Leads compliance initiatives on a system-wide basis and facilitates system implementation of such initiatives related to supply chain and patient care services. Ensures compliance with regulations on organizational and governmental standards and practices.
- Stays abreast of clinical program innovations through local, regional and national networking and acts as a subject matter expert within the system.
- Keeping the organization’s mission, vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action.
- Ensuring that the patient perspective is a driving force behind our actions and business decisions; crafting and implementing service practices that meet patients' and own organization’s needs. (Focus also includes internal and external customers)
- Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, department, units or organizations to help achieve business goals. Resolves issues and problems, and makes a significant contribution to team efforts.
- Demonstrates breadth and/or depth of professional/technical skills and capabilities required for position; shares knowledge; sets or contributes to the Company’s direction within area of expertise.
Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Manages collaboratively and coaches others to achieve optimal performance; delegates effectively; praises/rewards contributions; defines clear roles and responsibilities; sets goals and leads initiatives; adjusts plans as necessary.
Sharing authority and responsibility with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organization enabling individuals to stretch their capabilities and accomplish the business unit’s strategic priorities. Applies influence based on professional skill and experience.
Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of successful and progressive experience in a health care system or hospital, providing or directing patient care activities. Experience in supply chain and product conversions and implementations. Experience in directing other clinical areas, working closely with physicians, and developing clinical strategies, implementing operational efforts, and measuring outcomes.
- Project management skills with focus on large size projects and a record of successfully driving outcomes in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively at all levels across the organization and within individual hospital and health care delivery systems.
- Superb communication talent including interpersonal, verbal, and written.
- Ability to compellingly present data and/or information to a variety of audiences.
- History of facilitating meetings successfully with both administrative and clinical stakeholders (including physicians).
- Ability to integrate supplies and technology into clinical workflows to improve care delivery and decrease clinical variation.
- Master's degree in related field (e.g., MSN/MBA/MHA) from an accredited instution (degree will be verified).