- Manage department, establish policies, procedures, standards, and objectives for the treatment of patients; evaluate performance and maintain quality assurance; coordinate with other departments to provide maximum level of total care for patients.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (Required)
- 3+ years healthcare management experience in critical care setting (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Registered Nurse (RN) with current Georgia license, AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Clerical Skills
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good - manual dexterity and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to perform - repetitive tasks/motion
- Standing - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Walking - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Sitting - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry > 20 lbs with assistance - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)