The Director of the Florida Access Center is responsible for the strategic planning and operational excellence of all Call Center and Switchboard operations for our Florida Nemours Health System. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the patient experience. This includes optimizing patient access to our health care providers in a scheduling platforms that includes traditional as well as online scheduling. Tactical emphasis is on delivering an exceptional patient experience with each patient encounter, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include patient and family satisfaction, call efficiency, low abandonment rate, staffing utilization, provider and associate engagement, patient template optimization, and financial performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous associate development programs enhancing patient and family service, associate engagement, knowledge, skills, and morale. The Director’s success is measured by the organization’s ability to provide patient access to our health care providers while meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA), improving call performance, increased use of resources and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency, and achievement of metrics. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall Florida operational targets as well as the daily business decisions. The Director of the Florida Access Centers executes the vision for the operation insuring the Call Center and Switchboard meets the patient and organization needs. The successful Director is engaged in Continues Improvement and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
Strategic Development and Management:
- Identify, develop, gain approval, implement and lead financially viable business plans and organizational models related to new and existing programs relevant to Florida wide Access, Scheduling and Call Center initiatives, as well as enterprise wide initiatives, both within Nemours and with partner institutions to support growth opportunities.
- Develop well-defined and comprehensive business plans that outline short and long-term growth objectives and detail strategic and tactical initiatives relevant to optimizing patient access to our health care providers in scheduling platforms to include traditional and online platforms to ensure the organization is capturing all patient populations through their preferred method of scheduling.
- Facilitate and build relationships with existing and new referring physicians in collaboration with Business Development, Network Operations and Clinical Operations to remove barriers and to ensure ease of access to all Nemours practice locations.
- Coordinating with the Senior Director, Infrastructure and Operations and the Director of Telecommunications to maintain Call Center vendor relationships and assisting in testing new programs and service contracts negotiations if necessary.
- Leads and/or participates in strategic scheduling initiatives.
- In partnership with Executive, Physician and Administrative Leadership and in collaboration with Site Practice Administrators throughout the Nemours system; lead the integration of the Access Center’s vision, mission and strategic plan into all aspects of the culture; develop and implement strategic focused on the growth in patient access and drive execution of the strategic plan.
- As appropriate, identify problems in the area of responsibility and inform practice executives in a clear and concise manner utilizing cost/benefit analysis.
- Collaborates effectively with physician and operations leaders to ensure access and their ability to deliver quality family-centered care in a cost-effective and efficient manner to drive operational excellence and the organizations ability to meet patient access while meeting or exceeding the department’s key performance indicators and aligned service level agreements.
- In partnership with Executive and Operational Leadership, provide fiscal responsibility and stewardship mentoring to all associates through effective performance management and provide learning and development opportunities for direct reports as well as others in the Department by effectively and appropriately leveraging human resources business partners to meet the departments talent management and engagement goals.
- Embraces and actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement and lean management principles in health care.
- Identify, develop, and gain approval to implement plans from Executive and Operational leadership as it relates to operational changes that may result in increased patient access or decreased expenses in the department.
- Regularly monitors department performance as it relates to established metrics and reports and implements countermeasures when necessary.
- Provides monthly reports as it relates agreed upon metrics to Executive and Site Practice Administrators.
- Utilize external and internal benchmarks to focus on establishing and maintaining appropriate staffing levels, scheduling system efficiencies, and new scheduling platforms to ensure access and efficiency is maintained.
- Perform routine financial and quantitative analysis, identifies root causes associated with variances and implements counter measures and audits when necessary.
- Facilitate the development of plans to reduce cost and improve efficiency within the Access Center to support Florida margin improvement efforts.
Physician and Associate Relations:
- Build long-term relationships with Chief Medical Officers, Department Chairs, Division Chiefs and Local Site Administrators to determine effectiveness of the Access Center and to maintain alignment with Clinical Operations.
- Develops action plans and leads associate engagement activities to increase retention and ensure departmental associates are aligned with the Nemours standards of behavior as well as the Nemours mission, vision and values.
- Teaches, coaches and mentors front line leadership and establishes training plans to develop Access Center staff in order to deliver and exceptional customer service experience as measured by “Courtesy of the Person Scheduling”.