The fundamental function of the Director is to make tangible the Presence and Grace of God through providing strategic and operational oversight for the department. In addition the Director offers a safe haven for others to place their burdens, struggles, concerns and joysbefore God. The Director invites the other to a deeper discovery of self and recognition of how God is acting in, through and with them and others.The Director participates in a wider dimension of God’s healing Presence by providing leadership and education within the health care setting that contributes to shaping a culture that embodies the spirituality, core values and the mission of the system.This role is lived out at an individual level with patients, families, employees, and physicians, as well as the organizational, community and departmental level.
- Certification required as recognized by the Spiritual Care Collaborative of APC, NACC, ACPE, CAPPE/ACPEP, and NAJC.
- Roman Catholic denomination strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in theology, divinity, religious studies, pastoral ministry, spirituality or other appropriate related field is required.
- Successful completion of Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education required with certification.
- Ecclesiastical endorsement is required.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in a hospital working as a Chaplain on the clinical units.
- 3-5years of management experience leading a team of Chaplains strongly preferred