Overview and Responsibilities
MPS is a Solutions Sales Organization, putting client needs first and bringing tailored solutions to our clients based on their marketing need. We lead conversations around broader marketing areas, not just traditional advertising, but also areas like Experiential, Social/ Branded Content, and Shopper Marketing. Our solutions are powered by cutting edge capabilities like Velocity and Vantage, in the context of premium safe content and engaged young and diverse audiences. Every team member is an owner and driver of business.
The Director, Partner Solutions (Director) is a highly skilled sales person and a strategic business thinker, who is deeply knowledgeable of their accounts’ business. The Director tailors the collective power of our portfolio of brands and products to solve client needs. They act as the central point person within all of MPS for their assigned accounts, and is responsible for all relationships and the achievement of the budget on that account, through the development, coordination, implementation and communication of the account strategies and plans.
The Director owns the account business across all networks, platforms, and all MPS or Viacom products and assets (including non-ratings businesses and assets outside of MPS) - driving our client-centric Solutions sales approach. The Director reports to the VPs Partner Solutions.
Account Business Owner
- Responsible for the achievement of the budget on the assigned accounts
- Deep dive into the client’s business – understand not only advertising needs, but their overall marketing strategy and business strategy and challenges
- Develop the Viacom strategy for the account – responsible for the Account plans, scorecards, and relationship maps - tailoring the Viacom portfolio of brands, products, and services to the client’s needs
- Portfolio approach - represent all Viacom brands, all MPS products and any relevant Viacom products or assets – including non-ratings businesses (e.g., Shopper Marketing, Experiential)
- Responsible for the accomplishment of the Account strategy by initiating, coordinating, leading, and resolving any conflicts related to the activities outlined in the account plans. Account scorecards will be completed each FY
- Responsible for the Account Upfront (together with the SVP/ VP), and closes all larger Scatter deals for the account, with day-to-day support from the SSEs, Planners, and CSRs.
- Product budgets – as part of the account planning process, the Director will assess each of MPSs products applicability to client needs and will provide potential revenue estimates to each product group (to be done in a collaborative process with the product groups and SVP/VP)
- Relationship owner on the assigned accounts, for the Client, and the account people on the Planning Agency and Buying Agency. In select cases, two Directors may split the responsibility on an account when Client/Planning vs. Investment are in different regions and they all require high attention.
- At the highest executive levels at the client/ agency, may share relationship responsibilities with EVP/ SVP (e.g., at CMO level)
- Responsible for identifying additional decision makers and influencers at Client and Agencies, and elevating our relationships.
- May be assigned a Category ownership, based on owning significant accounts in that category (typically 2 Directors will own each major Category)
- Responsible to dive deep into the category, understand the business drivers, and turn the insights into action in the relevant account plans (Shared responsibility with the other Director on the same Category).
- Makes sure any relevant Category knowledge, insights, resources, etc. from across Viacom are fully utilized. MPS Strategy and Research teams will provide support for Category knowledge and resources
- Responsible for educating all other Directors who have accounts in that category, on the trends and actionable insights; support them as needed for their account plans.
- Responsible for educating all MPS Product groups, on their assigned Category – Velocity, Vantage, etc. – and to assist them as needed for the development of Category-specific product versions (as applicable)
Communication and Support:
- Directors will be supported by the SSEs, Planners and CSRs who will manage media plans and day to day account support and maintenance, with brand expertise.
- Strong internal collaboration with all relevant MPS and Viacom groups per the account strategy
- Work closely with all Product experts – the Directors will pull in the relevant product experts (Velocity, Vantage, WhoSay/Digital, etc.) to deeper dive meetings, per client interest and account strategy
- Buying strategies for the assigned accounts to be coordinated and optimized with the SVP/ VP on the Buying agency, to maximize the overall Agency deals
- Training and sharing of best practices with the other Directors (TBD bi-monthly meetings).
- Ongoing communication with VP and SSEs on account status and needs/ risks
- Provide feedback for maintenance/ fine tuning of the client segments
- MPS Strategy will maintain and provide to the Directors, the client segments, share analyses, analyst reports, market summaries and other needed reference documents. Directors are responsible for utilizing all resources provided and staying up to date on relevant market and culture trends.
- BA or equivalent degreerequired, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in one or more areas including: Advertising Sales, Solutions sales, Marketing, Marketing Tech/ Data (Sales, Strategy, Managerial), media/ marketing strategy, Management Consulting
- Ability to apply a range of problem-solving skills to client’s business challenges, and boldly and creatively turn them into tailored client solutions
- Ability to operate with multiple monetization models - traditional advertising (TV, Digital), data, content creation, social, experiential, Shopper and so on
- Strong consultative selling skills, Solutions mindset
- Demonstrated internal and external leadership skills. Strong ability to communicate and function as a collaborator / account strategist across multiple groups within MPS and Viacom.
- Flexible, self-driven, welcomes change and new areas to learn, while also a team player, collaborator and contributor to the larger organization and to our people and culture
- Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships at key decision maker levels
- Excellent communication skills, including at senior levels. Storyteller.
- Excellent PowerPoint and strong command of all otherMS Office are required