This is a new role in the fastest growing division of Townsquare Media, a $500MM, public and profitable, cross platform media company. The team at Townsquare Ignite is a data driven, audience acquisition focused programmatic media planning and buying agency. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, self-starter to become a key member of our leadership team, ready to make a huge impact tactically and strategically.
The Director, Paid Search & Social Media Buying will be responsible for building out our in house practice, managing an existing set of 3rd party managed services partners, evaluating and implementing new platforms and partnerships, and an already existing multi-million dollar book of business in paid search. The ideal candidate enjoys a hyper growth, fluid and fast - paced environment, who is comfortable with being both hands on as well as developing and executing long term strategies to grow and mature our practice.
If you've successfully developed strategies and effectively executed a timely growth plan to build a profitable and sustainable Paid Search and Social program within an agency or local media company, are comfortable providing services and support to more than 500 local, regional and national account executives, are equally passionate about engaging and servicing our largest strategic clients, as you are about maturing organizations, processes and platforms, then we want to talk with you.
We're looking for someone who can lead from the front, is hands on, solutions oriented, nimble and can work collaboratively and effective across an organization from sales, media buying, operations, product, and engineering. This is an early stage, entrepreneurial group looking for a strong voice, with expertise in Paid Search and Social, as well as data driven digital sales and advanced audience targeting solutions utilizing 1st and 3rd party data.
The role is based in Manhattan, NY where our entire team is centered. It reports to our SVP/GM, Programmatic who is based in San Francisco, CA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Engage in day to day tasks as well as maintain strategic management of all Paid Search Campaigns
- Manage our existing 3rd party partnerships, while evaluating and implementing additional or alternative partners
- Build out our in house practice, developing direct relationships with all key Search and Social platforms. This includes all processes, pricing, packaging and personnel development to create a $10MM+ program
- Ensure that all Paid Search deliverables are presented on time and of a high quality, and that all campaigns meet client objectives
- Work closely with our Clients Services and Programmatic Media Buying teams, as well as with Local, Regional and National sales teams
- Strike the right balance between direct, hands on engagement with key accounts and managing both Client Services and 3rd party Managed Services supported Paid Search and Social campaigns
- Act as Consultant / Senior Strategist / Industry Expert for our local, regional and national Account Executives and largest strategic Clients.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in Paid Search
- Deep understanding and proven experience with platforms such as Kenshoo, MatchCraft, Media General/Nexstar, Marin Software, etc.
- Sales Oriented (this is not an ops role, you are part of the sales process)
- Demonstrable experience building and leading teams, maturing processes, implementing platforms
- Comfort with engaging Clients, hands on with a wide variety of categories and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate client needs and provide proactive recommendations and solutions
- Experience with Local sales, high volume of clients and broad range of seller knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal teams in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans, 360 degrees, across the organization
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong, demonstrable quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- A critical thinker!
- Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects and strategic plans. Can work independently and as part of a team
- Capability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment and early – stage atmosphere
- Strong time management and project management skills with 1st class attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Information Scienes. MBA preferred.