The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directs Underwriting activities for all property and casualty lines of business on new and renewal business within delegated underwriting authority.
- Submits risks beyond authority in accordance with prescribed instructions.
- Responsible for proactively developing, growing and maintaining strong agency relationships.
- Proactively markets and educates agents on our products.
- Conducts formal training sessions for agents.
- Delegates underwriting authority and responsibility for specific work to subordinates.
- Develops and monitors individual goals and objectives for direct reports.
- Through regularly scheduled file reviews, provides ongoing coaching and feedback for direct reports in order to continuously improve underwriting and service quality.
- Conducts educational training and development programs for underwriting and support staff.
- Acts as a referral point for both underwriters and agents.
- Gives instructions, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to meet department objectives.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices, developing and implementing new and alternate methods when appropriate.
- Responsible for gathering competitive intelligence, making coverage and service recommendations that improve agency and customer engagement.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Responds positively to direction and criticism of performance
- Consistently maintains professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years underwriting and/or marketing experience or equivalent.
- CPCU desirable.
- Supervisory experience preferable.
- Fully competent in use of personal computer and MS Office products.
- Good management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
Bachelors or better.
5 years:Underwriting and/or marketing experience or equivalent.