This thought leader will establish strategies, programs, and tactics that enable our organization, teams, managers, and employees to grow and thrive. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director of Organizational Development, will own all learning and organizational development programs at the company, ensuring that all employees are receiving the support they need to perform to their full potential. The Director of Organizational Development will be responsible for the oversight, design, and delivery of performance and talent management programs to our highly distributed office and remote workforce.
This critical role also helps to support and manage change, and improve performance at all levels in our high growth business. At DO, we know that career growth and development are primary drivers of engagement and retention and are integral to our company's success. This individual should be passionate about creating programs that catalyze growth and maximize performance, partnered with a highly engaged People Team.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Driving best in class individual, team and organizational development strategies and fostering a learning environment through varied L&D and talent management programs
- Establishing programs and tools to lead integrated goal planning, performance management, talent management, and succession planning methods and processes
- Redefining career paths and competency guides for a rapidly scaling, highly distributed and remote population, and helping establish new ways of defining career development
- Establishing curriculum and development programs for front line employees through senior leadership, and delivering content as needed
- Providing thought leadership in organization design and change management methods and highly effective engagement approaches as we scale and grow
- Consulting with and coaching people managers and facilitating team building and strategy sessions
- Building a small learning & development team
- Ensuring our people are developing and growing, advancing within the company to new and/or expanded roles. Guiding the assessment of future-ready roles and the development of high performers ready to assume them.
What We Expect From You:
- Directly related experience in developing and leading innovative learning, development, performance management and organizational effectiveness programs both across an organization and for high performers
- Coaching experience at all levels
- A love of learning and continuous improvement
- A growth mindset and demonstrated success developing strategies, programs, and tactics designed to grow and retain a best-in-class workforce.
- Experience in designing and implementing workshops and materials that are engaging and effective in increasing comprehension, retention and application of new skills
- An understanding of technical teams, start-ups, and their unique cultures
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.