Looking for Past or Current Non-Profit CEOs and Executive Directors
For more than 150 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to achieve great futures as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Today, more than 4,200 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people through Club membership and community outreach.
The Director, Organizational Development, is responsible for initiating and providing consultation and support services to Major Metro member organizations; working in partnership with local organizations to build and grow their capacity to have the greatest mission impact on youth; implementing consultation services which expand the Boys & Girls Club Movement; and interpreting the goals and objectives of Boys & Girls Clubs of America to member organizations.
This position is responsible for directing the assessment, strategy, research, planning, development and implementation services that enhance and strengthen our Major Metro organizations.
Major Metro member organizations are identified as those with operating expenses over $3 million or who have operating expenses of at least $2.5 million, is located in a top 30 DMA market and has a population in excess of 500, 000
Some responsibilities include:
- Establish partner relationships with new Chief Professional Officers and Board Presidents in assigned service area and conduct orientations on services and resources available from Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Assist Clubs in increasing the resources available to achieve their strategic goals.
- Create and maintain highest level of customer service relationship with professional and volunteer leadership of assigned Clubs.
- Facilitate and ensure a strategic planning process with all assigned major metro organizations’ professional and board leadership that sets a clear vision and strategic direction.
- Provide leadership and direction in building boards and organizational capacity by working with key board leaders as a partner, coach and collaborator towards enhancing the board development process.
- Provide on-site and off-site support and technical assistance to major metro organizations assuring the establishment of new, self-sustaining Boys & Girls Club sites in assigned service area in accordance with BGCA requirements for membership.
- Assist Clubs in analyzing internal and external data to create plans and strategies to increase participation and retention of members.
- Assist organizations in developing leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Develop a strategic growth map with major metro organizations to determine potential new sites.
- 8-10 experience in the management, administration, and operation of a major metro Boys & Girls Club (or similar organization),
- Demonstrated successful experience with board development and resource development
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or social services or education/experience equivalency required