As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enhancing solutions that drive organizational performance. This role serves as Blue Origin’s expert resource for effective talent risk analysis and talent supply chain, change management, organizational effectiveness, organization design, building effective teams, improving executive leadership capability, workforce planning, and shaping leadership, management, and organizational culture. This role will build strong relationships with business leaders and leverage strong influence and execution skills to improve and drive organizational capability. This position will engage with senior leaders and will influence decisions related to people and organizational strategies. The role will work closely with other HR functional teams to ensure that OD solutions integrate with and optimize other talent initiatives. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develops and leads Blue Origin’s integrated talent management strategies, practices, and tools while partnering withHR leadership and business partner teams to assess talent, org capability and leadership requirements.
- Partners with HRBPs and business leaders to identify critical roles and people and develops strategies in collaboration with Recruiting for our talent supply chain and succession.
- Advises leadership and develops strategies for leading and managing change. Develops strategies for change communication, resistance, risk mitigation, coaching, training and accountability to reinforce adoption.
- Obtains data to measure and analyze awareness, understanding, buy-in and support of org and business change.
Organizational Development Strategy
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations to improve organizational performance and business unit/function alignment.
- Develops initiatives that shape the leadership culture and optimizes the organization’s agility, results, collaboration, and decision-making.
- Develops feedback and listening mechanisms to facilitate open discussions of organizational improvement opportunities.
- Assesses and diagnoses organizational structure effectiveness, ensuring the alignment of business goals with org designs or recommended solutions.
- Creates strategies that identify organization and talent capabilities required in the future.
- Partners with Learning and Development to design an individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders.
- Designs and continuously improves a human performance framework that enables timely employee feedback, sets measurable goals, and helps employees learn and grow.
Culture, Performance, Motivation, Rewards, Recognition
- Defines practices to further integrate Blue Origin’s Leadership Principles into the culture.
- Studies human motivation and partners to develop programs and practices to drive performance and results.
- Continuously improves employee recognition and reward strategies.
- Systems Thinking and Doing
- Project Management
- Critical Evaluation and Assessment
- Change Management
- Business Acumen
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Org Structures/Models
- Human Motivation and Performance
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 15 years of varied and increasing responsibility related to organizational development and effectiveness and talent management
- Minimum of 6 years in a senior management role leading/managing teams
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development or Effectiveness, Organizational Psychology, Industrial/Labor Relations, or Human Resources
- Deep experience using organizational development/effectiveness theory, management theory and best practice, and various talent and performance management methodologies
- Program design and expert level facilitation
- Self-starter with proven project management and stakeholder management skills
- Stellar interpersonal skills; builds effective relationships across the organization
- Strong consulting experience and skills that include the capability to quickly identify improvement opportunities and build the trust and confidence of business and HR leaders and managers in delivering results
- Business acumen with a keen understanding of how the business and talent strategy connect
- High levels of resourcefulness, organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact
- Expert in performance enablement and people management practices
- Expertise in employee engagement and recognition
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Job ID 3226