The Organizational Change Management Director is responsible for driving and supporting integrated organization development programs. The programs are targeted to create a sustainable competitive advantage by managing organization development projects key to achieving specific strategic goals. The incumbent must possess the confidence and abilities necessary to manage global key initiatives as assigned and in cooperation with senior business leaders.
Work proactively to assess business specific value chain processes to enhance operating effectiveness. Lead and/or support organizational development projects that improve people processes, structures, measures, and accountabilities that optimize the deployment of internal resources, and maximize business results through enhanced organizational effectiveness.
Key Result Areas
Lead the change management effort on a global implementation of our Customer to Cash (C2C) Transformation Project. Build a change management function for the business and other key projects and initiatives, for the people side of change, as follows:
- Successful preparation of affected staff within the organization for implementation of global C2C.
- Development of Stakeholder Analysis with detailed plans for action planning to accelerate change adoption within the organization.
- Development of an Organizational Impact and Risk Assessment with detailed plans for mitigation of risks.
- Working in close cooperation across all Human Resource CoE functions, ensures that organization development initiatives are linked to all other CoE services to ensure a holistic solution approach that drives organizational performance.
- Manage assigned project’s budget.
- Support mechanisms for establishing systematic and regular communications with employees. This includes being the sponsor responsible for building an internal employee communication strategy and tactics, by working in close cooperation with the corporate communication function.
- Support change management and knowledge capture/transfer initiatives to ensure that employees are adequately prepared to deal with change to operate effectively during rapidly changing business conditions. Source and deploy processes to help guarantee that business changes are adopted and supported by Hertz employees globally as “the way we do business around here”.
- Manage and integrate employee communication programs (i.e. skip levels, town halls, location visits, pulse councils, etc) to ensure that employee’s concerns and issues is captured, recorded and responded to for proper follow up and communication.
- Implement specific knowledge management processes to capture and protect critical knowledge and intellectual capital, while working closely with Learning and Development to ensure mentoring and “shadowing” programs are utilized to effect knowledge transfer of key positions.
- Manage and/or support assigned OD&D programs as projects end-to-end and ensure that all projects have a project plan which is reviewed and updated on a regular basic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in organizational behavior or industrial and organizational psychology or a relevant related domain, and ideally, a business degree, e.g. BA, MBA, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years Business experience
- 8+ years’ experience in supporting or leading change management, as well as exposure to organizational development
- Prior experience leading large project initiatives
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Successful implementation of global enterprise-wide transformation projects
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art change management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art training and learning principles, methodologies, and tools
- Understanding of organization development and design, particularly change management tools
- Strong understanding of project management fundamentals to include knowledge of project lifecycle phases
- Strong knowledge of business design, technology integration and implementation processes
- Understanding of Human Resource and Organization Development principles
- Strong understanding of how people go through change and the change process
- Strong understanding of the industry, the fundamental business principles and its business drivers
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external clients
- Ability to influence change in situations with formal authority and to push back when appropriate
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizing and planning skills with a proven track record in coordinating organizational development and change programs
- Ability and eagerness to be intimately involved with the businesses and contribute to business success
- Ability to diagnose organizational problems and to build effective relationships with line managers
- Fair balance of strategic thinking and hands-on implementation when providing solutions
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to meet critical deadlines