Location: Lakeland, FL
The Executive Director provides leadership in the day-to-day operations of the pre-and post-surgical areas, sterile supply and the operating rooms and is accountable for the total operations within the surgical service line with a strong focus on continuous improvement. The Executive Director works in collaboration with management and physician leaders to ensure that the provision of patient care is delivered in a safe, consistent, efficient and high-quality environment by driving forward process and performance improvement initiatives to maximize financial performance and employee and patient satisfaction.
- Degreerequired: BSN, and MBA or other advanced degree
- Licensure required: Currently active, or able to obtain, RN licensure in Florida
- Certifications preferred: CLSSBB/CSSBB (or relevant performance improvement experience), Lean Training or Certification, CNOR
- Experiencerequired: 7 to 10years in key leadership roles within perioperative services; at least 5years managing large and busy operating rooms or Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- ExperiencePreferred: Leading and participating on large scale surgical services optimization efforts including but not limited to – Block Utilization improvement, Schedule Smoothing, First Case Start Improvement, Operating Room Utilization, Surgeon and Team utilization improvement, Patient Readiness Improvement; Managing multiple specialties and service lines; Nursing leadership with a strong clinical focus in surgical services
- Skills desired: Ability to self-direct all activities, including creation of documents and use of various software products; Business savvy; Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills