Director, OR Product Marketing (Presource)
- Job Number:
- Waukegan, IL
- Mansfield, MA
- Dublin, OH
- United States
- Date Posted:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
This role is supporting the Medical Segment Commercial Enablement and US Marketing team, specifically the OR Products Presource® Products and Services franchise. Presource® Products and Services delivers insight-driven procedural solutions and products enabling the customer to drive efficiencies in patient care. The product that we manage is the aggregation and delivery of procedure-specific “bundle” that contains the necessary disposable intraoperative supplies for a surgical or medical procedure. Presource® is comprised of over 18 procedural pack portfolios, 17+ GPO contracts, over 36,000 finished good SKUs, and ships over 83M units of product each year.
The Director of Presource Marketing is responsible for setting the product offering strategy for the Operating Room portfolio, focused on 18 procedural pack portfolios and the P&L owner of for ~$1B procedural packs portfolio of products. Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for US Marketing activities (Customer Insight development, Commercialization of products, Sales support and empowerment)
- Drive and deliver on growth and profitability; drive profitability through influencing mix, penetration, supply chain efficiencies and leveraging our overall scale.
- Maintain key supplier relationships and harness the full value of the relationship.
- Ensure the Product Marketing team members are market, product and procedure experts and the face of the organization internally and externally for their portfolios.
- Directly report to the Vice President, US Marketing OR Products
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, and branding.
- Demonstrate expertise and lead life cycle management for a portfolio of products across new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.
- Understand the market and define a growth plan to meet our objectives for the portfolio (product/channel strategy, tactics and investments required).
- Manage the revenue/profit for the Presource procedural pack business.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of marketing disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans, and marketing plans. Lead product marketing team in utilizing market trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
- Remain current on market trends. Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through observation of operations and interactions with clinical staff during sales support, product implementations, and conversion activities.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customers needs.
- Support development and facilitate validation of stakeholder analysis, competitive analysis, positioning/value proposition, message platform for products in the channel.
- Ensure that all promotional, launch, and marketing activities align with the overall portfolio strategy and facilitate proper communication and collaboration with all applicable marketing resources across channels.
- Develop channel marketing objectives and strategies for a product portfolio. In collaboration with creative, digital and channel teams, build and execute the integrated promotional plan for the portfolio.
- Lead the development of the in-channel launch, marketing, and promotions strategy for new product launches and drive growth initiatives for products post-launch.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional team leaders including R&D, sourcing, manufacturing, enterprise marketing, enterprise contracting, strategic pricing, customer service, alternate distributors, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, regional and channel teams, and others.
- Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product marketing team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
- Take informed risks and be biased toward action.
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 12+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Experience leading, managing and participating on cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management skills, professionalism
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff
- Manages an organizational budget
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
- Strong sense of ownership and self-starter mentality with a track record of delivering results
- Possible travel over 25%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.