West Area Director, Ophthalmic Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) Team
The (West) Area Director, Ophthalmic Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) Team leads the FRM Team (field based personnel in the assigned geography) that helps to minimize reimbursement barriers for patients and providers and, therefore, helps to optimize access to Shire’s Ophthalmic products in an assigned geography. The Area Director, FRM Team works closely with internal partners in educating accounts regarding the reimbursement and access landscape and problem solving patient access challenges. They also develop compliant, ethical and solutions-oriented reimbursement programs and tactics, and proactively communicate payer information, including status, processes and practices.
Works withinternal partners to execute franchise, managed care, and field business plans and objectives Develops long-term & short-term strategic account plans focusing on patient access to OBU therapies Develops and shares local market insights with colleagues to better understand barriers impacting access to OBU therapies Acts as a subject matter expert on the payer landscape relevant to the OBU Problem solves with respect to patient access challenges Leads the assigned FRM team through key account partnerships which includes educating on OBU therapies payer coverage, prior authorization requirements, and medical necessity requirements Executes ethical and solutions-oriented reimbursement programs and tactics Trouble-shoots field account reimbursement issues, needs, concerns, or challenges Partners with third party OBU vendors Leverages available resources, including market access and demographic data to develop and execute account plans/call purpose. Proactively communicates and explains OBU/Shire-specific reimbursement programs, policies, procedures and resources Works with relevant state, institutional or other societies regarding reimbursement topics Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Shire activities Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
Responsible for meeting and exceeding the corporate OBU objectives. This includes, but is not limited to successful development of personnel, along with selecting the best talent for open positions. Create an atmosphere of bottom up decision making. Hire, train, and effectively lead a field reimbursement team to meet and exceed OBU reimbursement objectives
Effectively assesses the development needs of the assigned OBU FRM team members and initiates activity that will further develop the staff.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum 3years management experience
- Minimum 8years relevant reimbursement experience in the medical/pharmaceutical industry
- Must demonstrate excellent working knowledge of reimbursement and the practice management environment
- Experience leading remote, field-based teams required
- Eye care/Ophthalmology experience strongly preferred
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
1. Strategic agility – Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization.
2. Business Acumen (strategic thinking/planning, analyzing/diagnosing, external perspective, accelerating change)
3. Supporting Regulatory Environment
4. Coaching & Developing Future Talent (identifying and developing talent, providing feedback)
5. Communicating with Impact (influencing, listening and receptivity, candid and direct communication)
6. Working Effectively with Others (builds rapport, collaboration and teamwork, org savvy, energizing
Complexity and Problem Solving
Navigates the complex regional payer landscape and provides feedback to Director, FRM Team on initiatives and programs
Internal and External Contacts
Consults with Director, FRM Team, US Ophthalmic, HR and Legal on all personnel performance issues. Consults with Training Department on all training needs Advise, consult and coordinate regularly with external customers, as well as with the field personnel, direct reports, management peers, and other internal partners (marketing, managed care, training, professional education, etc.)
Other Job Requirements
Moderate travelrequired. Must work evenings and weekends as needed. Work is from home. No office is provided by company.
Req ID: R0019770