Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet!
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Director, OPEX Area to join our Operational Excellence and Special Projects team based at the New York, NY. Reporting to the Dir, BU Intl East & West, Ops - GM, the Director, OPEX Area will be responsible for driving results in multiple flight kitchens, with particular emphasis on development and implementation of performance management systems and improvements on the operating system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Further develop and implement performance management system that will help to measure and manage operational performance
- Develop, train and roll out of standards and best practices using lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma tools/principles
- Partner with plant’s General Managers and local Continuous Improvement Managers to plan and execute operational and tactical improvements
- Support plant’s Continuous Improvement Managers in effective use of process improvement and problem solving tools such as value stream mapping, kaizen events, SMED, Poka-yoke, cellular manufacturing etc
- Lead and deploy corporate Continuous Improvement programs with emphasis on capability building, operational best practices, standards
- Support corporate and field staff in effective deployment of food safety and hygiene, quality, delivery and safety standards
- Drive rollout and compliance of CI certification program
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field
- 7+ years experience in facilitating and applying Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies in a variety of action based environments
- Proven experience in project management
- Proficient with MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Outlook, math aptitude, Minitab, Possibly Visio, SAP-PP knowledge
- Experienced in use of MRP systems, APICS and/or other Supply Chain Management experience has preference; Experience in food manufacturing/production has preference.
- Proficiency in Spanish or other common language is a plus, ISO compliance or certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self starter and organized to schedule and manage multiple activities in the same timeline
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Highly effective characteristics in the following: business leadership, project management, communications, facilitation, team building and change management.
- Ability to coach, influence, consult, implement, evaluate, present and initiate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills