Accountabilities / Responsibilities
As a part of SCA’s efforts to continuously improve clinical quality and support to our physician partners, we are expanding our field operations leadership team. This highly visible role will be responsible for managing the operations of several ambulatory surgery centers and/or endoscopy centers in the Orange County California area. This role offers the opportunity for a unique individual with creativity, strong business acumen, ability to develop relationships, and flexibility in order to make a significant and meaningful impact. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Director of Operations will be an integral member of the field operations leadership team.
- Live SCA’s Values and model the way for his/her team.
- Lead the “SCA Way” which is focused on: the highest standards of integrity in all respects; strategically driving improved and positive Clinical Quality outcomes through Continuous Improvement in all areas of clinical quality for centers and physicians; delivering a high performance values-based strategic clinical quality plan to position SCA as partner of choice.
- Develop and execute a market strategy, identifying critical opportunities for long-term success.
- Lead the process of setting the strategic direction for each center in the region in order to achieve growth targets in excess of the industry.
- Implement or follow the new SCA sales system with regular training, targeted clients and market penetration.
- Manage all strategic and day-to-day operational aspects of the company with an emphasis on performance improvement, productivity and bottom-line results, coupled with teamwork and communication at all levels
- Communicates clearly the short and long term plans for each of the centers to all key constituents
- Provide leadership to drive the expansion and execution of the current and future business plans and achieve budgeted objectives
- Oversee the development of center level marketing strategies to effectively differentiate the centers from competitors in order to optimize growth in market share
- Drive organizational capability by building a highly committed and capable management team at each center; coaching and mentoring incumbents and/or bringing in additional talent as needed.
- Provide employees with the authority, accountability, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and successfully drive the company’s performance
- Entrepreneur with a will to win; nimble self-starter, team player with ability to strategize, develop and execute projects on time and within budget with little to no guidance or support.
- Ability/flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to strategize better systems and processes to re-engineer work to advance clinical quality and marketplace competitiveness.
- Ability to develop partnerships and work well with physician groups providing operational data and recommendations to resolve issues and reinforce partnerships; create and provide systems, support and resources to improve and strengthen SCA’s position as partner of choice for surgical care.
- Broad ASC experience with leadership capabilities to implement processes, resources, and training.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, MBA or advanced degreepreferred, with at least 10 years management experience in the ASC industry and with ASC operations; experience in managing multiple centers or a group of hospital outpatient cFinishenters is preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive change in a positive environment; creative and innovative thinker with emotional maturity and sound judgment
- Superior communication and presentation skills required.
- Ability to travel a significant amount of time.