Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT HEMATOLOGY:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Abbott's Hematology division based in Santa Clara, California has an opportunity for a Director, Operations.
- Oversees manufacturing activities of multiple product lines operating on multiple shifts.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure manufacturing systems are in place to meet business objectives.
- Develops, implements, trains and monitors effectiveness of manufacturing systems and procedures to ensure compliance to FDA, GMP and all other applicable agency regulations.
- Works cross-functionally with R&D, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory and other departments as needed to ensure effective new product transitions into production.
- Works with Supply Chain management to develop effective, production planning and inventory systems; ensures accurate tracking and accounting of materials and WIP.
- Works with Continuous Improvement and Engineering functions to develop effective manufacturing processes capable of meeting quality, cost and supply chain objectives.
- Develops and maintains solid relationships with all functions of the organization and possesses the ability resolve cross functional issues and appropriately influence these functions.
- Anticipates and resolves highest level issues and conflicts that could impact operations success.
- Prepares departmental budgets and control expenditures to stay within spending limits.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
- Ensures a safe work environment consistent with OSHA requirements and company policies.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Bachelor'sdegree in Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years' progressively responsible work experience in a high volume, multi-product manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience leading and implementing lean manufacturing / Six Sigma initiatives.
- Solid knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations.
- Significant experience in identifying and driving operational change and excellence.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Prior experience in medical device manufacturing preferred.
United States > Santa Clara : 4551 Great America Parkway
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.