The primary responsibility is to support and drive the execution of changes and process improvement initiatives at a store level, serving as a gate keeper between Store Operations and all other functions of the business, and facilitating business alignment. This person will be driving operational initiatives from planning, program development, project management (in some cases), implementation, and ultimately execution.
The position will require 20% - 25% of time in the field; 50% in the Store Support Center; 25% follow thru on existing initiatives.
This person will partner with Regional Directors/VP’s of Operations to be the eyes, ears and voice of the field for the rest of the organization.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead implementation and continuous improvement efforts for Store Operations’ training, operational processes and manuals
- Ensure all training materials, department communications, websites, etc. are congruent with each other
- Drive Operations sponsored projects. Examples labor models, production system improvements, back stock processes.
- Support efforts to revise and implement key operational changes
- Responsible for testing and implementation of products, programs and system initiatives
- Participate in operational design of new store opening procedures and processes to ensure continuous improvement in results and costs.
- Identify problems and work with store and field leadership teams to continuously improve systems, processes, tools and routines
- Provide specific operational input and feedback into the development of new systems and programs to ensure successful execution
- Oversees operational planning to support execution of tests and rollouts of promotional and non-promotional programs and projects
- Develop and maintain a library of standard operating procedures, including managing the process for enterprise communication of updates
- Develop and maintain a store data base that contains all information the SSC personnel may require such as store hours, Holiday closures, type of CDC
- Identify opportunities and develop processes to enhance the store level communications for current events and activities as well as new programs and system initiatives. This includes the hot-sheet and store calendar.
- Ensures store communications are available in English, French and Spanish
- Prepare long-term plans for improving process and communication support of Store Operations
- Participates in long-term planning, including development of operational infrastructure to support growth plans
- Support and ultimately lead customer care and other customer and donor feedback programs related to the stores. Will provide weekly and quarterly reporting.
- Develop and maintain store level Key Performance Indicators, including enterprise reporting mechanisms
- Oversight and gate keeping for the CDC program development, including the CDC toolkit, codification, roll out of best practices, solicitation for competitors, etc.
- Support functional leadership with companywide project/program store implementation, as well as management of post mortem analysis, as needed
- Ensure appropriate departments have been consulted on projects/programs that have an impact on their department. Reduce and eliminate Silos.
- Route disconnects and problems back to functional owner for resolution
- Must reside in local area of Store Support Center
- 5+ years of field level multi-unit / district manager experience
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Ability to push back, and effectively manage conflicting priorities, deadlines, expectations among multiple parties, including those on the Executive team.
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through, and a passion for the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others, including setting direction
- Ability to implement strategic plans and create positive change within the organization
- Ability to set priorities, create mileposts and meet deadlines
- Acts with honesty and integrity, promote the company culture in all interactions
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Attention to detail; ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Thorough understanding of budgeting and capital expenses