- Participates in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic business and performance goals, short- and long-term objectives, plans, budgets, programs and policies for designated plants of responsibility and aligned to region's objectives.
- Champions Lean deployment and best practice implementation and sustainment for designated plants in region.
- Leads efforts designed to leverage and optimize capacity across designated plans in order to meet projected demand.
- Collaborate with Operations Project Management Office to implement manufacturing footprint objectives.
- Oversees talent development, succession planning, and performance management initiatives.
- Ensures the execution and adherence of safety policies in compliance with company safety program to prevent work-related injuries across plants.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to capitalize and optimize positive trends and determine causes of nonconformities for corrective action.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, plans and develops budget and cost controls, and coordinates with PPL for S&OP execution.
- Establishes Operations' priorities, balancing effective customer service, cost factors and optimizing utilization of people and equipment.
- Oversees the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality and safety across plants.
- Collaborates in the planning and formulation of Operations policies and practices
- Consults with Engineering on equipment modifications and other continuous improvement efforts.
- Fosters positive and proactive working relationships across entire SSB network.
- Promotes ongoing communications and leads change management.
- Defines short- and long-term goals for cluster of plants within designated Region.
- Judgment, analysis, and decision making abilities in the solution of complex issues
- Effective communication skills, including active listening, oral & written comprehension, articulate presentation, and interpersonal exchange
- Time, financial, human, and materials resource management
- Develop objectives and strategies
- Interface with all levels of the organization and persons outside the company
- Conflict resolution and consensus building
- The position will be located in a desingated plant in Area of responsibility
- Travel more than 50%
- Ten-plus years of manufacturing leadership experience in Lean and union environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Prior labor relations and union experience.
- Experience with M&A integrations, plant restructuring, union, plant start-ups and closures.
- Complete commitment to safety and regulatory compliance.
KEY COMPETENCIES/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Visioning and Championing Change
- Promote change initiatives and effectively implement them
- Decisive Judgment
- Consider all information, and take action
- Driving for Results Safely
- Achieve high results without compromising the organization or safety of its people
- Quality Customer Focus
- Listens to and values internal/external cstomers' needs, suggestions, and feedback
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Build and maintain copperative work relationships with others
- Motivate Others
- Build a high performance culture by continuous people development and skill acquisition
- Relationship Management and Organizational Savvy
- Build and maintain effective partnerships and alliances
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
- Manufacturing software.