Under the direction of the VP, Network Operations, the Director for Operations Program Management has the responsibility of directing the activity associated with Tower Operations maintenance, improvement, and new asset construction projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining and continuously improving the quality of work and achieving excellence in all objectives; ensuring workflow is being achieved and milestones are being reached in a timely fashion; providing management direction, supervision and leadership for the team; and ensuring successful completion of all deliverables under the guidelines of SBA’s safety processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives continuous improvement of the support function within assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures the quality is understood, implemented, and maintained in the assigned departments. Develops and drives a work culture committed to compliance, quality, and customer focus.
- Coordinate internal resources to handle all decommission, maintenance and drop & swap projects.
- Monitor cost forecasts, updates, and provide regular updates to Sr. Leadership to ensure adherence to budgets and timelines.
- Make sure the team has the necessary tools to facilitate their individual responsibilities.
- Provides strategic decision making, leadership and planning including the efficient and effective use of resources. Achieves results through the leadership of managerial, professional and/or support staff. Delegates responsibilities to subordinate staff. Sets policy and strategy for own department.
- Provide updates to upper management and the Area Operations Directors, and their staff, as it relates to project status.
- Communicate with internal departments (site administration, accounting, NOC, compliance, etc.) as to the status of projects as required.
- Ability to interact with clients, consultants, general contractors, internal departments and manage a staff.
- Serve as IT Liaison for systems enhancements, facilitating tracking and prioritization of system enhancement requirements
- Establish, manage and control the budget for individual projects
- Ability to read, interpret and provide information.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Directs and oversees the management activities for assigned areas including: recruitment, training, development, career planning, retention and performance reviews. Provides continuous coaching, training, and counseling to direct reports.
- Ensures individual developmental plans are developed and implemented.
- Create, maintain and uphold departmental policies and procedures.
- Counsel and terminate staff as deemed necessary in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS required.
- Advanced Degreepreferred
- Current PMP certification preferred
- 5+ years experienceproject management.
- 3+ years management experience with financial knowledge and accountability.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet navigation and e-mail usage required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, common scientific and technical journals, financialreports and legal documents.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, profit margins, area and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.