- Provide senior leadership and strategic direction to entire Line of Business (LOB) operations, demonstrating vision, experience and maturity.
- Plan, develop, organize, coordinate and direct the efficient and safe operation of the Power LOB within the central continental United States, with responsibility for all overhead and underground electrical power transmission, distribution and substation construction project and program work within that geographic area.
- Establish and manage the goals and objectives for accomplishing projects and utility program work and insure proper utilization of personnel. Delegate functional activities to subordinates and establish supervisory schedules and responsibilities.
- Assist the VP of Power Operations, with the development of strategic direction of the Region’s Power Operations.
- Develop performance and labor strategies to compete in new and existing markets.
- Participate in proposal and contract development, negotiations and alliance meetings.
- Evaluate bids for conformity with contract requirements and specifications and make recommendations.
- Prepare specifications for projects, equipment and facilities as needed.
- Reviews in conjunction with area, regional and corporate requirements.
- Manage labor negotiations and grievances for line of business, subject to review of the Power Operations Vice President. Assist in the preparation of information for arbitration or NRLB, if required.
- Prepare project status reports and provide regular updates directly to senior management.
- Host regular meetings with line of business staff to communicate goals and performance.
- Provide mentoring and skills transfer to key Regional Power management staff. Proactively mentor employees for personal, career and company growth.
- Provide input and direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
- Assess competency and training requirements for direct reports.
- Perform annual performance evaluations and initiates disciplinary action if required for direct reports.
Lead Safety Transformation within Power LOB
- Ownership of H&M, Region’s and Power LOB Operations Safety Program.
- Communicate safety goals and plans to Power Management for implementation. Ensure all company, customer, and project policies, procedure standards, safety programs, etc., are adhered to.
- Responsible to develop and implement a regional Power LOB Safety Action Plan with appropriate tracking and management to ensure success.
- Review Safety Action Plans on a quarterly basis to ensure active management and awareness.
- Ensure safety is operationalized & integrated in all work, constantly driving to make sure that best practices are identified and shared across all power operations.
Business Development / Sales and Market Growth
- Manage relationships with existing power customers, alliance partners and potential customers.
- Engage in power LOB business development and sales activities, both individually and in conjunction with regional and corporate personnel to ensure market penetration for H&M power services in identified markets.
- Provide annual financial forecasts and business plans for LOB and prepare written reports for annual Corporate/Region business review meeting.
- Lead others in managing fiscal accountability through the normal operational implementation of work or services, Fiscal responsibility for accuracy of H&M cost and financial reports.
- Measure and monitor the progress of LOB towards meeting all stated goals, safety, quality & P&L.
- Adhere to performance goals, operations reviews, project reviews, including formal auditing processes such as project QA plans, pre-plans, project plans and post job reviews.
- Support VP of Power Operations in overseeing equipment requirements for the LOB. Participate in annual equipment budget maintenance programs and disposition of assets.
- Where appropriate, assure delivery of project deliverables, negotiate change orders and handle escalated billing and invoicing issues.
- Actively participate in the claims management process in partnership with the Regions Claims Manager and Safety Manager.
Specific Skills & Expectations:
- Sales presentation skills
- Contract development skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong people management and development skills
- Excellent communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Overnight travel is required.
BS/MBA degree in a related field is preferred or the equivalent in directly related experience in the power construction industry is required.
Certifications or additional education in Construction Management, Contracts Management, and/or Project Management Training preferred.
20 years or more experience in related high voltage power transmission/distribution construction and/or maintenance work
A minimum of 15 years in a senior management and/or business development /sales capacity required.
Proven track record of sales, development of successful business proposals, awarded and completed projects required.