Pomona, CA 91769
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
Posted 65 days ago
• Provide senior leadership to Power Line of Business (LOB) operations area, demonstrating vision, experience and maturity.
• Plan, develop, organize, coordinate and direct the efficient and safe operation of Power Division within the western continental United States, with responsibility for all overhead and underground electrical power transmission and distribution construction project and program work within that geographic area.
• Establish and manage the goals and objectives for accomplishing projects and utility program work and insure proper utilization of personnel. Delegate functional activities to subordinates and establish supervisory schedules and responsibilities.
• Engage in market business development and sales, both individually and in conjunction with regional and corporate personnel. Identify potential demand for H&M services.
• Manage relationships with existing power customers within the LOB operations area, alliance partners and potential customers.
• Participate in proposal and contract development, negotiations and alliance meetings.
• Evaluate bids for conformity with contract requirements and specifications and make recommendations. Prepare specifications for projects, equipment and facilities as needed.
• Adhere to performance goals and QA plans, including formal auditing processes such as project pre-plans, project plans and post job reviews.
• Oversee equipment requirements for the line of business. Participate in annual equipment budget maintenance programs and disposition of assets.
• Develop performance and labor strategies to compete in new and existing markets.
• Manage labor negotiations and grievances for line of business, subject to review of the Regional Vice President. Assist in the preparation of information for arbitration or NRLB, if required.
• Prepare project status reports and provide regular updates directly to senior management.
• Ensure all company, customer, and project policies, procedure standards, safety programs, etc., are adhered to.
• Provide input and direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
• Assess competency and training requirements for direct reports.
• Perform annual performance evaluations and initiates disciplinary action if required for direct reports.
• Assist the Division Manager with development of strategic direction of the organization
• 20 years or more experience in related high voltage power transmission/distribution construction and/or maintenance work, with a minimum of 15 years in a senior management and/or business development /sales capacity required.
• Proven track record of sales, business development, awarded and completed projects required.
• Excellent communication, prioritization and organizational skills required.
• Overnight travel is required.
• BS degree in a related field required; certifications in Construction Management, Contracts Management and /or Project Management Training desired.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13