Partner with the Health Plan Leader and the senior Operations management team to optimize operational governance, communication and execution in support of day to day operations and the health plan operations strategic plan. Oversee the operations workforce management and business intelligence teams providing relevant directions and data insights and reporting for the business including the scorecard management process. Responsible for providing strategic direction in the development of multi-year workforce strategies for Regence Operational areas ensuring alignment of workforce capability to business Strategy.
Clarify business objectives, build operational structure, establishing program / project direction, providing counsel to senior management, direct cross-functional teams, and influence change. Direct and oversee the end-to-end program definition and governance, as well as coordination of business partners. Oversees the annual Health Plan Operations planning and budget forecasting in partnership with Strategic Finance.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Directly manage the planning and execution of one or many strategic initiatives and/or program workstreams.
- Provide thought leadership, analytical thinking and industry expertise to the development foundational and growth strategies.
- Facilitate prioritization, scope control, and resource allocation decisions with operations leadership team.
- Provide the required program tracking, including challenging financial justification and prioritization of initiatives.
- Utilizes deep knowledge of health plan operations and multi industry best practices as well as emerging trends to provide a strategic viewpoint and recommended Long-term roadmap for improving Business Operations.
- Responsible for maturing and deploying strategic consulting, best practices, standards, daily tactical services, analytics and technology, in effort to drive operation performance to its optimal level.
- Establish and drive the management, education and communication strategy for all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective program governance to ensure project objectives are met; this is inclusive of driving accountability and ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
- Identify critical risks and issues and drive issue resolution; escalating to senior management/stakeholders, using contingency planning and demonstrating appropriate riskmanagement.
- Raise awareness regarding critical project dependencies and ensure that all requirements are communicated to relevant work streams and business partners.
- Coordinate effective communication among teams and stakeholders.
- Drive change across enterprise and integrate one bank strategy principles where appropriate
- Supervises 7-10 direct reports (30-50 total).
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, tracking and managing complex business transformation projects / programs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and maximize efficiency opportunities and assist with measurementsto determine operational outcomes.
- Ability to manage across multiple locations, products and functions.
- Experience in constructing actionable business and financial strategies and tracking the implementation of new or revised business and operational processes.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to think about business problems in new ways and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation and influencing skills required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A proven team player with the ability to partner, maintain and develop relationships.
- Highly self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision; self-directed.
- Able to lead and motivate others and thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define and manage expectations while leading multiple concurrent projects / programs.
- Potential candidates must have proven experience in people management, strategic planning, financial planning and change management.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Director of Operations Planning and Business Management would have a (MA) degree in Finance, Business Management or related field and 8 years of experience working directly with senior management toidentify, prioritize, develop, track and execute strategic operations initiatives or equivalent combination of education and experience.