Job Description Summary:
The Director, Operations is responsible for delivering safe, efficient and effective patient care through all operational aspects in an Option Care branch while meeting all corporate compliance and other established rules and regulations governing the healthcare industry. The role is directly accountable for driving market development and financial performance while providing direct oversight for all branch operations including pharmacy dispensing and nursing.
- Oversees operational performance of the branch including efficient, effective and high quality delivery of services and patient care.
- Ensures patient safety and satisfaction through direct management of pharmacy dispensing operations and nursing. Ensures error proofing for pick, pack and ship operations.
- Partners with Regional Director, Sales to drive market development and execute market based sales strategy.
- Drives financial performance of the local office through supply chain/inventory optimization, managing controllable expenses, reducing bad debt (claims on hold) and accurate patient registration and onboarding.
- Ensures compliance with local and federal regulations, accreditation standards and corporate policies to drive effectiveness and consistency in operations.
- Builds a cohesive, service-oriented team through recruitment, training and development, engagement and retention of qualified team members. Maintains a work environment in which staff will succeed and grow in their professional development and contribute to the overall success of Option Care.
- Overall revenue accountability in a single location of up to $40 million annually.
- Consistently models behaviors that build our culture around the Option Care Core Values of Compassionate Care, Engaged Teams and Quality Results.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care data.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience in a position leading an operation.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a P&L including budget development.
- RPh licensure
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Basic level skill in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work; experience in leading team efforts within highly matrixed organizations.
Willing to travel at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs):
- Master's Degree in Healthcare of Business Administration
- Experience leading sales and/or operations in Home Health Care or Infusion.
- RN licensure