Responsible for building and developing operations for the Williams Industrial Services Group through systems, processes and procedures developed to support strategic direction for the business unit specifically in the Oil & Gas sector. Establish operational initiatives for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations. Responsible for oversight and direction of the estimating department, including managing strategic initiatives, processes, and output.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and direction
- Responsible for safe work practices and implementing company safety programs throughout the area of responsibility.
- Oversee multiple construction projects including job site visits to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Interface with client representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Provide direct leadership to site management coaching and mentoring employees to achieve a high level of performance. Review and develop performance.
- Authorize/approve all project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.) purchase requisitions change, request, etc.
- Make contacts and develop business relations with customer, unions, subcontractors, vendors and industry associations.
- Ensure senior management is proactively kept abreast of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, employee issues and/or customer issues.
- Act as the point of escalation for complex problems, both of a technical and non-technical nature, assisting in the assessment of root cause and the resolution of problems. Oversee preparation and resolution of claims. Assume a lead role in jurisdictional disputes, union grievances and/or labor litigations as required.
- Actively participate in Internal Project Reviews; review typically will cover compliance with design requirements, schedules, and budgets with particular attention to the costing relating to self performed work.
- Implement Project Management Methodology to measure and report on contract issues, crew productivity versus bids, schedule and quality compliance, and for managing job progress for lump sum, hour or unit price work. This includes determining, identifying and correcting problem areas on loss or low profit jobs.
- Maintain relations with local unions regarding hiring, terminations and early stage grievance resolution on projects.
- Proven public speaking ability with executive-level audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications is a must, including the ability to manage a budget and work with spreadsheets, basic PowerPoint creation/navigation and familiarity with Word
- Ability to read and translate blueprints
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions
- Strong communication skills with an ability to prepare, write and analyze reports.
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations required