Direct oversight for multiple departments and reporting to the Vice President of Operations. Responsible for the collaborative development and implementation of operating plans within the Departments and across the organization. Accountable for managing the cost, quality and service. Develops operational and capital budgets and business plans consistent with the organization's mission and vision. Demonstrates and promotes core values, service excellence and continuous quality improvement.
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations for multiple departments.
2. Accountable for financial outcomes of service areas. Oversees the development and submission of capital and operating budgets, manages expenses, monitors budget variances and implements corrective action when necessary.
3. In accordance with the organization's mission, vision and goals, the Operations Director anticipates the future, examines the competitive environment, formulates strategic plans and articulates the vision for accountable areas.
4. Supports the Chair of Medicine in the development and implementation of Department of Medicine initiatives and works closely with the Medical Staff to build a trusting partnership in development and pursuit of service excellence.
5. Works collaboratively with the Business Development Team to effectively analyze and manage physician relationships and referral patterns to maximize service volume.
6. In collaboration with the VP of Operations, manages and directs market analysis in order to continuously evaluate the competitive position of accountable services, and develops and implements annual marketing plans for accountable service.
7. Maintains an environment committed to the highest standards of quality care, patient safety and customer service. Works with staff, Hospital management and medical staff to identify and implement innovative approaches to improving care.
8. Supports clinical quality initiatives under the medical directors for accountable services. Collaborates with management staff and physicians to support performance improvement initiatives, including the use of Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies.
9. Participates in hospital-wide initiatives relating to compliance with regulatory and healthcare standards, such as Joint Commission and oversees inspection readiness with managers of assigned areas to ensure departments meet all regulatory requirements.
10. Monitors and promotes a strong customer service focus. Provides leadership for continuous improvement in patient access, Press Ganey and HCAHP scores, turnaround time and physician satisfaction.
11. Oversees Department Revenue Cycle analyzing trends, CDM, accounts receivable and determines areas for improvement and implements appropriate action plans.
12. Collaborates with Human Resources to implement strategies focused on the recruitment, retention and growth of a well-qualified workforce. Makes final decision on the hiring of personnel and on the selection and promotion of managers and supervisors.
13. Builds and maintains a strong, cohesive and high performing leadership team for his/her areas of responsibility, interviews, hires, orients, coaches, evaluates and manages performance issues for direct reports, holding them responsible and accountable.
14. Promotes a work environment in collaboration with the management team which fosters employee development, promotes self-directed teams and establishes communication processes. Regularly meets with management team and staff to ensure communication.
15. Oversees the development and implementation of tactics to support achievement of Network Goals, including but not limited to, patient experience, employee engagement, financial strength and quality/safety and service.
16. Participates in internal and external committees, task forces, etc., as appropriate.
17. Assumes on-call administrative duties as assigned.
18. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position required a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of experience in health care administration in a management capacity.
Leadership Skill Requirements: Maintain and model organizational values: (Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Fiscal Responsibility and Teamwork).
Action and Results-Oriented: Ability to establish key goals, drive and track results among multiple decision-makers and stakeholders and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
Political Savvy and Diplomacy: Ability to maneuver through complex, politically-charged situations and understand the dynamics and culture of the organization. Ability to anticipate problems and negotiate solutions with peer sand senior leadership and other key stakeholders. Ability to build relationships through integrity and trust: Ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others, drive collaboration, build a teamwork environment, search for the win/win scenarios.
Influencing Skills: Ability to lead an organization using influence, rather than possessing direct authority of others, being sensitive, yet direct in both verbal and written communications.
Managing Complexity: Ability to lead and drive results in a complex organization, achieving alignment between often conflicting priorities, initiatives and people.
Functional/Technical Skills Requirements: Analytics and strategy: Expertise in developing and executing data-driven approaches to enhancing business decision-making and improving operational performance (preferably in healthcare). Advanced knowledge of business intelligence best practices, familiarity with fact-based management tools and techniques to drive strategies and a continuous improvement culture.
Communications: Excellence written and verbal communications skills. Ability to take abstract, complex and/or technical information and break it down for a variety of audiences in a way that is meaningful for them.
Functional Oversight: Issue identification, gap analysis, ability to prioritize business needs and executive solutions.
Financial Management: Ability to understand financial reports, develop basic financial models, and identify trends, variances, and opportunities. Minimum Experience: Five years
Masters Degree Preferred. Licensed Clinical Background Preferred.