Natus Medical Incorporated is growing and seeking a Director Of Operations. This new position is based in our Middleton, Wisconsin location. Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead site operations including material planning, purchasing, production, warehouse, distribution, global trade, service repair and facility management.
- Establish systems, processes and policies aligned to business objectives and priorities.
- Set operations priorities to meet or exceed business objectives, operational goals and KPI’s.
- Drive short-term execution of the manufacturing plan and participate in medium to long term strategic planning for the manufacturing and supply chain network.
- Develop and deploy demand driven principles and strategies that support operational excellence and lean operations.
- Drive projects to reduce product costs, leverage operating overhead, streamline supply chain efficiency, improve quality and optimize customer service.
- Manage and control the financial operating budget.
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D and QARA in the new product development process.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing team to optimize the selection, development and performance of the supply base.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering team in technical problem solving and driving continuous improvement of products and processes.
- Select, coach and develop the team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate.
- Manage organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development.
- Lead, implement and promote a culture of respect, integrity and accountability.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment and overseeing the Environmental Health and Safety program.
- Ensure that all direct reports are trained and following all Quality System procedures.
- TravelRequired: Minimal
- Supervisory responsibilities (if applicable):
- Directly supervises up to ten employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in engineering, supply chain management or operations management.
- Prior experience with manufacturing of durable equipment and products involving electronics, electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, computers and software components.
- Minimum 10 to 15years of applicable manufacturing experience with 5 to 7 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in the medical device industry is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience leading a major cross-functional project that included creating project plans and timelines, managing resource plans and monitoring/reporting performance to plan.
- Experience with flow manufacturing, single piece flow and mixed model lean production lines.
- Practical experience with deploying lean techniques including Kanban, 5S, Kaizen, process optimization and elimination of waste.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 systems required. Experience with ISO 13485 is desirable.
- Previous experience using Oracle EBS and Agile, or equivalent ERP and PDM system