The Operations Director is responsible for driving business results across a diverse set of broker dealer and investment advisor operations. This skilled leader will lead a team responsible for completing complex operational tasks, providing excellent service to our advisors and managing operational risk. The Director must develop and implement strategy to ensure policy and workflow are optimal to obtain efficiency and scalability while balancing with the client experience and risk considerations.
- Motivating and inspiring a team of operations professionals ensuring the quality of their work and providing career guidance and development.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex questions or issues from advisor teams.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to enhance operations roles and processes.
- Maintain visibility into broader service and relationship management priorities and structure the work of the operations team accordingly.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to lead onboarding and support efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong people management skills to recruit, retain and develop talent
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project management
- Strategic planning skills to evaluate and modify workflows including leveraging technology as appropriate
- Series 7, 63 and 24 required
- 5 years people management experience
- 8-10 years experience in financial services industry
- Willingness to own problem resolution through its completion
- Ability to organize and complete projects
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to act as a resource for development of the team's effectiveness
- Experience leading operations, with visibility into cross-functional areas of a business
- Undergraduate degree in finance or related field; graduate degree preferred