Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
5 - 7 years
Posted 487 days agoby John Melillo
***Relocation to CT***
Director of Operations Finance
Fortune 500 Global Manufacturing Company
Our client, a worldwide and renowned manufacturing company, currently seeks an Operations Controller. The successful candidatewill work with the CFO and VP of Operations for our Fortune 500 Business Unit in Connecticut. This position will provide exposure to the senior management team to drive business performance with a focus on cost reductions and operational efficiencies to deliver the financial objectives for operations.
This is a unique, opportunity to join one of the top companies in the World. The company is comprised of dynamic people consistently striving to make positive changes improve processes and grow the business. The company provides outstanding growth and promotional opportunities, as well as exceptional benefits.
This financial position leads and supports all divisions/plants in managing monthly Forecasting, Reporting and Budgeting aspects. The region of focus is mainly North America with a considerable involvement with Europe, Asia activity.
The individual selected for this position must possess excellent analytical and communications skills, have a strong background in financial modeling, working knowledge of all P&L and Balance Sheet aspects understanding of key financialstatistics, and works well in teams.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Drive business goals such as cost reduction opportunities, margin improvement initiatives, inventory management, and return on investment to ensure that initiatives are measured, managed and achieved.
· Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly financial metrics, tools and key performance indicators (KPIs) to analyze report and drive the business results.
· Drive excess expense out of the business, while investing in profitable growth and returns.
· Assist implementing best financial and accounting practices in all locations and assist in building a world-class finance organization with functional excellence.
· Work on the strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes of the assigned manufacturing and distribution operating units.
· Maintain financial controls to safeguard the company assets and to identify risks in a timely manner.
· Attend meetings with the manufacturing operations group (walk the floor), and the ability to connect the front-line operations to the corporate requirements.
· Convert financial and performance data into management intelligence and decision making.
· Be a partner to the Plant Managers and Plant Controllers. Provide the financial structure and guidance to help them make decisions and run their operations as a business.
· Mentor and teach Plant Controllers on best financial practice and corporate requirements.
· Provide financial leadership and guidance to the non-financial team members of the plant and senior operating team, so that business team understands the financialdrivers for their operations.
· Candidates must be either U.S. citizens or Green Card holders in order to be considered for this position.
Our client is growing and expanding its operations throughout North American and the world. The Finance team is a leader in the organization and has a track record of developing its financeassociates and offering opportunities for advancement.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) and analytical skills required.
· Advanced MS Excel, Hyperion, MS PowerPoint, & MS Word skills required
· Working knowledge of an ERP environment preferred.
· Working Knowledge of cost accounting principles & internal controls
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is necessary
· Organize and run effective meetings with company’s businesses and peers.
· Possess leadership qualities in Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Vision.
Education and Experience:
· The successful candidate for this position must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing accounting environment and a proven track record of successes in finance assignments.
· B.S. in Finance or Accounting is required with an MBA or CPApreferred.
· The candidate must have a strong sense of urgency and drive for results; someone who is decisive, confident and communicates effectively. Must also be multi-faceted and have an ability to concentrate on a number of priorities at once while identifying those duties which can and should be delegated.
Six sigma and lean training is preferred.