The Director of Operations is accountable for providing strategy for all aspects of multiple high-volume supply chain/logistics operations to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitability, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Ultimately responsible for providing operating leadership to Product Line/Operations, Air, Ocean, Domestic, and Custom Brokerage management oversight of the delivery of services, attainment of profit objectives, business expansion, safety, quality, development of human resources, and the adherence to policy and procedure and statutory regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, 3 PL or Logistics is preferred.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- A combination of Education andexperience may be substituted fordegree ifexperience is withTransportationor 3PL.
- Minimum ten to twelve years managing a large logistic operation or Warehouse/Transportation facility required.
- Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers and managing profitability of multiple sites.
- Minimum sevenyears in a leadership rolerequired with someexperience over multiple, geographically dispersed facilitiesrequired.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills includingdiplomacy and patiencerequired.
- Advanced, applied understanding of project management methodologies with focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals
- In depth, experience based knowledge of managing revenue, budgets, EBITDA, operations problem solving, customer service and managing managers.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, and organization skills required.
- Knowledge of Strategic Planning processes. Ability to develop short and long-range project planning and effectively communicate information to diverse work groups required.
- Ability to manage thefinancial aspects of a department (purchasing,budget preparations and review,financialreporting and monitoring expenses, P & Lexperience)required.
- PC Literate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- 50% or more domestic travel may be required for this position