At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone's day and putting a smile on their face!
Position Mission: The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide support leadership and development to a store base between 80-100 stores, comprised of company owned and, in some cases, multiple Brand locations. Additionally, focus on creation of regional Annual Operating Procedures, Goals and development of District Managers.
- Responsible to clearly define and communicate expectations and ensure managers are held accountable to results. Communicate with restaurant managers on a regular basis and provide feedback. Ensure the teams receive the support required to be successful; identify, communicate and resolve field operational issues and problems.
- Coach and mentor management teams through conference calls, P&L reviews, quarterly reviews, team meetings, on the job training and performance development.
- Oversee area staffing and retention on a regular basis to ensure future staffing needs are met.
- Responsible for all areas of performance management for direct reports; determine goals, provide coaching and development, conduct performance reviews, create career development plans and prepare managers for succession planning opportunities.
- Provide a broad range of expertise in areas that directly impact Store Operations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategic and tactical plans that ensure the achievement of region and retail Goals.
- Drive product quality through structured processes and procedures.
- Participate in the formulation of the company Annual Operating Plan.
- Participate in the annual budget process, including store sales and profit plans, region General & Administrative (by district), and annual capital expenses, including store remodels.
- Manage the region Profit & Loss, including General & Administrative budgeting.
- Ensure effective communication from the top down and bottom up through participating in and/or leading regular meetings (e.g. District Manager Meetings, Store Manager Meetings).
- Assist District Managers in the timely resolution of all issues related but not limited to Management Information Systems, employee/customer relations, supply chain management, and asset management.
- Approve plans, sales and profit plans for all New Store Openings.
- Ensure New Store Openings open in a timely fashion in relation to Store Development turnover dates.
- Analyze test stores for process, procedure, equipment, and design changes.
- Interface with Product Management on product development.
- Provide operational feedback to Marketing.
- Utilize Marketing support in driving traffic and Sales.
- Provide leadership in execution and management of business and marketing objectives through effective partnerships with appropriate departments by assessing regional performance versus plan objectives, assist in effectively managing the business plan and ensure the roll out of national and local marketing programs and initiatives.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Should be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
- The proven ability to execute/manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.\
- Must also be knowledgeable in areas of retail operations, familiar with pricing, product specifications, food, supplies, and sanitation.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional staff.
- Travel within area of responsibility on a weekly basis.
Bachelor's degree preferred in Restaurant/Hotel Management, Business Management or other related field and/or experience 7-10 years operational, preferably in a multi-unit restaurant or retail environment. Previous experience in opening new high-volume, multi-unit restaurants helpful and demonstrated excellence in consultation, facilitation, and influence preferred.