Director, Operations – Annuity Customer Service
This person will be responsible for leading our Annuities Customer Service Team. We seek a leader that will drive a "best in class" customer experience as well drive ongoing operational efficiencies thru the development of people, process and culture. The incumbent will report to the VP of Customer Service, driving results thru dedicated and shared resources as well as thru both offshore and onshore third-party providers.
- Execute, maintain and improve operational strategies for Annuities Customer Service.
- Meet all service level goals for the department and deliver on annual operating plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day fulfillment of customer requests, including contact management and transaction processing.
- Monitor and sustain financial and operational processes/controls, ensuring sound oversight of applicable legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, including SEC requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy, Security and Disaster Recovery.
- Manage operating budgets, staffing, and resource planning. Understand broader business trends in order to predict volume changes, capacity needs and customer expectations.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with customers, including assessment of operations performance to identify and resolve any issues/problems.
- Develop and mentor a high-caliber leadership team, ensuring the proper hiring, training, and development of associates.
- Collaborate with the Annuities Product Team to understand specific needs of key customer accounts to translate service into profitability.
- Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-business relationships to facilitate best practice sharing and maximize team effectiveness.
- Manage the third-party relationship responsible for servicing the Variable Annuities Closed Block of business.
- Individual must have a minimum of five years demonstrated progressive management and leadership experience in an operations environment or previous director level experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to obtain Series 6 & 26 License within 180 days of hire
- Demonstrated ability to direct, develop, motivate and retain key talent
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers while demonstrating an ability to problem solve under pressure
- Strong communicator at all levels of an organization; ability to educate, interface, and influence
- Ability to lead ongoing process improvement efforts to enhance productivity and increase efficiencies while sustaining quality and innovation
- Data driven and process mindset, with the ability to articulate customer focused decisions
- Demonstrated planning, organization and execution skills
- Strong financial and business acumen
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Life Insurance Products
- 10+ years of Operations experience
- Series 6 & 26 Licensed
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges with the aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.