What We Need
The Director of Operations Analytics will be responsible in ensuring that Prosper's operations are measuring the right metrics and prioritizing the right initiatives to maximize leverage. This team is responsible for providing analytical support to all the operational leaders reporting into the EVP of operations. In addition to directly working with operations managers, this leader work closely with Credit Risk Management, Verification & Fraud Strategy, and Product & Engineering to execute on identified opportunities to drive efficiency within operations through automation, process improvements, policy and process changes as well as new technologies.
What You Will Do
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts to drive continuous improvement across all the business units within operations (Sales, Verification, Customer Support, Collections and Recoveries)
- Lead the team in deep dives into data through complex querying and applying predictive analytics to identify new areas of opportunity as well as further optimization of existing process
- Develop the strategic priorities (roadmap) for operations to execute against in order to deliver a category defining experience for our customers
- Own the KPIs for operations to ensure the right metrics are being measured and initiatives / projects are aligned to the highest value to the business
- Partner with operational leaders to transform your teams analytical insights into actionable tests and process changes across the organization
- Recognize operations is part art and part science, understand the human element and how decisions impact our front-line agents job and make decisions that are beneficial for both our own agents as well as our customers
- Present hypotheses and results of analytics work to executive team and broader organization
- Act as a "Player / Coach Athlete" by Playing a key part in both leadership and development of the team as well as individual contribution to complex business problems and key initiatives.
What You Need to Have
- Demonstrated track record of applying creative thinking and analysis to solve business needs in ambiguous environments; comfortable making decisions with imperfect information to drive timely decisions without 'analysis paralysis'
- Proven experience testing concepts in an operations function while ensuring operational rigor and compliance is not sacrificed
- 8+ years of experience in business operations, product management, BI / Analytics, and/or consulting role with hands-on operational work
- Self-starter mentality and ability to own projects from initial problem statement / hypothesis to analysis to test to rollout
- Knowledge of SQL, R, Python, other data analysis software, experience in data mining, data sanitation, data visualization (Tableau, Mode etc..) and modeling
- Experience leading teams both on site and remote
- Strong academic record; advanced degree is preferred.