Overview: This position requires an individual who can efficiently maximize all operational aspects of Golf Channel’s Alternative “Alt” Golf efforts (ex. World Long Drive, future Alt Golf properties) consistent with the overall strategic plan. The candidate will be part of the core leadership team for the development of Alt Golf properties. The candidate must possess a variety of competencies including project management, event operations, meticulous follow-through, comprehensive organizational skills, acute attention to detail, superior judgment and a reliable business sense. Project-management aptitude is essential.
- Project manage alternative golf efforts with ability to integrate across matrix organization including collaboration with internal partners in Event Operations, Programming, Production, Communications, Marketing and Sales.
- Manage timelines for the strategic plan including events, sponsorships, marketing, communication, event operations, player relations and TV/digital media
- Provide day-to-day tracking, development and projections for budget P/L, in collaboration with the General Manager and GOLF senior management with input from all facets of Alternative Golf (ex. marketing, sales, events, finance)
- Collaborate with sales team to secure locations for alternative golf opportunities
- Primary liaison with venues for events
- Manage event team (ex. staff, contractors, vendors) facilitate first-class on-the-ground execution of events and cultivate sense of accountability
- Lead the fan experience and overall fan atmosphere for global TV events
- Project manage special events (ex. Long Drive Experience, Long Drive Summit)
- Lead sports data project (existing and new) for the future of the sport to manage results, world rankings and future entries into fantasy and gaming
- Athlete Relations – primary day-to-day contact with athletes on the operations of the sport (ex. questions, comments, anti-doping)
- Create documentation of standard operating procedures for Alt Golf properties
- Proven experience in project management across multi-faceted sports projects and/or sports organizations
- Proven success in developing domestic and international sports properties including event/series management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, especially with emerging media companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help build and develop an emerging sport
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of event / league operations experience
- Experience with deadline driven environment
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to travel with high frequency
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Office 365 tools such as Teams, Planner, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.