Corporate Operational Risk Management (COR), which is a part of Corporate Risk Management (CRM), is adding a Director to their Liaison Team. CRM provides an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. The COR Liaison team is responsible for overseeing and performing effective challenge of business unit assessment and management of operational risks at the Firm.
This position will support the second line of defense risk management opportunities for the Operational Services and Digital Services organizations. The incumbent will work with business partners and Operational Risk leadership to drive and maintain the culture of continuous improvement of business unit risk management maturity through impactful and effective challenge of risk management activities. Activities such as the oversight of key operational risks; evaluating riskevents, issues, and RCSA data to identify and influence solutions to gaps in the mitigation of operational risk.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the operational risk data provided by multiple business units for use in risk identifying, assessing and monitoring operational risk activities.
- Partner with Business Unit (BU) management to identify, assess, monitor and control their businesses existing and emerging operational risk; including continuous improvement in operational risk framework components.
- Challenge the effectiveness of the BU’s risk response.
- Oversee and challenge the content of BU produced materials in support of the ORM Framework.
- Oversee the escalation of operational risk issues in accordance with the Corporate Risk Management Policy.
- Oversee and challenge the design, implementation, and maintenance of businesses’ processes and controls to manage operational risk
- Partner with the First Line Risk Management Office and other 2nd Lines of Defense groups to achieve continuous improvement in the execution of risk management activities at the Firm
- Provide advice and guidance to BU leaders regarding the Operational Risk discipline to influence the BU’s engagement and response to risk related activities
- Collaborate and coordinate across the Corporate Operational Risk Team and other Liaisons to achieve alignment of activities and continuous improvement.
What you have:
- 8+ years of experience in risk management, governance, or similar role; with 2 years in Director Role or similar level of responsibility and decision making
- Risk management principles, methodologies and tools, and governance principles and activity in a financial services environment
- Managerial courage, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced changing and ambiguous environment is essential to success in this role
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience influencing leaders from Director up to EVP
- Experience within a financial services environment, and a firm understanding of how risks in these areas manifest themselves
- A firm grasp on operational risk data management and analysis, in particular, the ability to incorporate and understand mass information from a variety of sources to recommend a course of action.
- Self-motivated, able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit and central risk management groups
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life