The Director, Operational Reporting & Analysis will lead the finance, accounting, and operational reporting functions for Pasha Automotive Services. This individual will partner with operations and business leadership team members to effectively manage, analyze, and interpret financial and operating results and drive P&L ownership across each site. S/he will create meaningful analysis to highlight business issues and recommend corrective action as required. In addition, s/he will develop robust business planning and flashreporting tools to inform senior management of changing business trends and drive profitability improvement initiatives.
Goals & Objectives:
- Proactive forecasting, identification of trends, and analysis of profitability for various business activities to support functional strategic planning and management.
- Timely delivery of relevant, data-driven analysis and financialreporting.
- Regular communication and presentation of relevant business analysis and trend information to develop and support sound business and financial decision making at all levels of management.
- Development and application of controls, audit processes, and reporting tools to identify and mitigate sources of financialrisk.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement financial and operating management reporting specifically leveraging key operational performance measures and variance analysis to track performance against financial objectives
o Use appropriate metrics, methods, and data to manage by fact and monitor, measure and improve processes
o Apply project management and best in class continuous improvement tools to focus on the right work, drive consistency across the organization, and take out non-value added work
- Lead and coordinate all planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
o Analyze business drivers and metrics
o Assess key underlying assumptions
o Identify risks and opportunities
- Provide insightful analysis and support to the business to help drive decisions
o Develop and maintain financial models to support internal decision making processes and external stakeholder negotiations
o Create ad-hoc analysis as needed including strategic analysis, project finance projections, competitive analysis, benchmarking, etc.
- Provide developmental coaching, mentoring and presentation of key concepts to enhance financial awareness and performance throughout the PAS organization.
o Develop and execute presentations to educate management team members at all levels regarding relevant topics within scope of role to support informed decision making.
o Serve as Champion for Change, supporting improvement initiatives with effective communication and feedback.
o Respond to developing trends and improvement opportunities with appropriate communication, reporting and analysis to allow operations to effectively adjust processes and implement controls.
- Provide leadership and direction to the commercial contracts and pricing team to maximize profitability and cash flow and minimize revenue leakage
o Develop and maintain pricing models to analyze profitability by customer and product/service
o Assist in the negotiation of contractual rate adjustments to recover annual labor and inflationary increases
o Provide coaching to improve contract administration processes and enhance internal and external reporting
- Provide leadership and direction to the procurement and cost management team to manage vendor relationships and minimize expense
o Oversee RFP processes and vendor/bid selection
o Analyze spending trends
o Increase accountability and transparency around vendor pricing and spend
- Oversee day-to-day administration functions including billing, collections, accounts payable, payroll, cash management and related reporting
- Partner with corporate accounting and finance to support the month-end close process, including providing accruals as needed and validating general ledger balances
- Oversee capital expenditure planning, spending and reporting
- Ensure financial integrity and protect the company’s assets through development of appropriate controls and analysis
o Build on and improve existing financial processes, internal controls, and policies
o Oversee the compilation of data from various relevant sources across the division and establish controls to ensure accuracy
o Assist with audits by internal audit, external audit and otheraudits and reviews as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; study in relevant business/finance subject area strongly preferred. MBA and or CPApreferred.
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in business financial analysis and/or similar roles
- 3+ years of relevant experience in reporting and analysis role in a production environment; automotive services industry experiencepreferred.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Comprehensive understanding of business process and financialreporting, budgeting and forecast modeling
- Self-starter/self-motivated/able to operate independently to drive required outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to present concise, meaningful analysis to a broad range of audiences
- Advanced level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Advanced level of proficiency in the use of Business Objects, PowerPivot or similar analytic tools
- Ability to confidently and effectively present ideas, information and materials to individuals and groups with diverse needs and backgrounds.
Key Success Factors:
- Accountability – accepts full responsibility for actions and outcomes; delivers on commitments
- Business Acumen - Understands the business and key performance metrics. Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Continuous Improvement: Uses appropriate metrics, methods and data to manage by fact and monitor, measure and improve processes and practices.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis - Goes beyond analyzing factual information to develop a conceptual understanding of the meaning of a range of information. Integrates diverse themes and lines of reasoning to create new insights or levels of understanding for the issue at hand. Thinks in terms of generalized models rather than concrete details.
- Drive for Results - Demonstrates sense of optimism and urgency tempered by seasoned business judgement; employs effective techniques to manage change and achieve and sustain excellent outcomes.
- Formal Presentation Skills - Effectively presents ideas, information and materials to individuals and groups. Effectively prepares and provides structured delivery; facilitates workshops or meetings in a structured manner, can facilitate and manage group process.
- Influencing Others - Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain acceptance for ideas or solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain genuine agreements.
- Initiative – identifies necessary actions and executes appropriately; involves relevant stakeholders to drive action effectively.
- Innovative Approach – uses creative insight to develop innovative solutions and address future possibilities
- Organizational Engagement - Applies to issues a knowledge of the mission, values, resources, culture, systems, and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the organization and its customers. Understands the drivers behind key policies, practices, and procedures, and controls and seeks change in response to business needs.
The incumbent will be measured based on the effective execution of the duties and responsibilities and on meeting the goals and objectives listed above.
This role builds and enhances financialreporting and controls and makes a meaningful contribution to the direction and success of the business. The incumbent will make regular presentation of data, analysis and concepts to a broad range of employees and stakeholders at all levels of the business. Includes significant interaction with business leaders and key stakeholders.