The Director, Operational Excellence will develop the plans that drive down costs from multiple operational cost centers (contact centers, policy admin, service network, sales and logistics). This incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert on operational processes and world class standards. This will include tracking and reporting progress on assigned Preneed cost saving projects to senior leaders of the organization. The Director will study and deploys leading edge innovation adhered to by world class globalized corporations.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Owns the Preneed continuous performance improvement. Work with stakeholders and the Global Preneed Planning Committee to build and develop a jointly agreed to portfolio of projects across all lines of business to include all countries and all lines of Preneed business.
- Balances and recommends project prioritization between all aforementioned operational areas by understanding the cost benefit, quality standards, customer requirements, investment requirements, and needs of the business.
- Geographic scope is across all global locations.
- Assumes the role as the department expert in policy / administration systems (the global operations application). Develops a general understanding of all local tools and applications, and how those apps link with other non-core apps.
- Successfully manages a Best Practice Sharing methodology and audits the global adherence to international best practices and guidelines. Responsible for process documentation and the maintenance of a global repository for processes.
- Organization and Prioritization
- Work with Global Preneed Planning Committee to develop relevant and common project prioritization processes especially as relates to interaction with other departments, e.g., Risk, Solutions IT, ACT, Compliance and Customer Service
- Develop and implement regular monitoring processes for senior leadership, location management and Global Preneed Ops to ensure proactive mitigation of performance risks
- Implement and coordinate quarterly business updates with country/regional operations management leads; manage progress of improvement initiates that result from these updateOperational Management Effectiveness
- Develop, implement and manage relevant and timely multi-level and collaborative communication strategies that reach out to both operations communities as well as areas in the broader Assurant environment
- Support Preneed operations with client and prospect activities such as RFI/RFP participation and new business opportunities
- Best Practice Adherence
- May coordinateinternational operations integration with global compliance initiatives (e.g., Compliance,RiskManagement , RAS, etc)
- Identify the interfaces and processes affecting Preneed operations and financial systems and their owners
- Obtain documentation of these interfaces and processes, with an emphasis on the internal control environment, identify gaps in the internal control environment, and pursue remedial actions to eliminate all gaps
- May coordinate Preneed operations implementation of PCI requirements in alignment with the corporate initiative driving toward a common approach across all Assurant business segments.
- Identify the privacy and data security interfaces and processes affecting Preneed operations and financial systems and their owners
- Obtain documentation of these interfaces and processes, identify gaps in the environment, and pursue remedial actions to eliminate all gaps
- Coordinate Preneed operations activity and adherence to Assurant Inc. intercompany initiatives such as Assurant Sourcing Practices Group (ASPG), Assurant Global Operations Committee (GOC)
- Research and Development
- Coordinate and conduct initiatives as they relate to applied research and development of insurance operational processes, systems and industry best practices.
- Produce qualitative and quantitative research plans and reports, involving such things as questionnaires, brokering collective knowledge, contacting clients in collaboration with local teams, reaching out to industry peers or partnering with professional organizations.
- Stay abreast of relevant news and global trends in the areas of insurance services and technologies
- Apply operational knowledge to developing sound solutions to business challenges and proactive competitive advantage using appropriate research methodology and delivering tangible value to our internal customers.
- Conduct impact analysis and evaluation of applied research solutions.
- Responsible for directly influencing the work of others at all levels of the organization to successfully complete development activities/requirements.
- This individual must effectively communicate with country teams and reach a high level of collaboration in order to be successful
- This position has no direct financial responsibility, but is responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting on cost benefit activity related to compliance implementations.
- 15__% Travel
Can be a work from home opportunity! Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 plus years’ experienceworking with interfacing operations, systems and processes
- Proven ability to deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, collaborative and inclusivity skills
- Able to communicate with stakeholders from all levels, able to convey complex data in tangible business terms
- MS Office skills, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
Desired experienced, skills and knowledge
- 3 plus years in an international working capacity
- Awareness of Six Sigma process and or other methodologies
- Verifiable Preneed project success in reducing expenses
- Advanced planning and coordination skills
- Bilingual in French is highly desired
- Understanding of cost accounting and balance sheetfinancials
- Extensive understanding of business operating applications (i.e. policy /administration systems)
- Multi-country experience
- Financial Services sector experiencedesired