$150K — $200K *
Director of Operational Excellence – Rensselaer, NY
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Director of Operational Excellence will be responsible for developing and executing a focused effort to improve operational effectiveness and profitability. This role will partner with Operations Leadership and Site Leadership Teams to develop and lead a performance transformation to improve operation excellence, systems and overall drive a continuous improvement culture. This person will be measured annually on his/her ability to enhance a continuous improvement culture at US Sites and his/her development and execution of cost reduction initiatives.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
• Develop and implement cost improvement projects through operational efficiencies
• Develop policies and define the standards for group manufacturing excellence
• Establish OEE program to track, identify and eliminate lost production causes
• Conduct diagnostics to identify areas for improvement
• Conduct value stream mapping exercises to define processes; work with the site to implement or streamline/improve use of LEAN tools, 5S, Six SIGMA, etc.
• Propose and support the projects and programs within the businesses for the identification of improvement levers, setting smart objectives and carrying-out Manufacturing Excellence programs
• Support the execution of improvement projects by promoting use of proven tools and approaches to achieve manufacturing excellence
• Ensure sufficient focus on sustainability of improvements through providing training and skill building of leaders
• Support continuous improvement culture in major US Curia sites and at the corporate level
• Lead and mentor leadership team members, facilitating a culture that motivates employees
• Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services
• Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment
• Work closely in conjunction with non-US sites and the Director of OE (EUR) to implement global improvement initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering; Chemical Engineering preferred
• Extensive previous experience in implementation of OE/CI projects in manufacturing (pharmaceutical preferred) environment
• Proven experience with Lean Six Sigma experience to drive business results
• 10+ years’ industrial experience, site leadership position a plus
• Strong technical skills
• Impact and influence skills and strong experience in change management Initiative
• Project Management skills
• Ability to lead and respond to changing environment
Valid through: 1/20/2022