This role provides strategic leadership and day to day management of all matters relating to the governance and development of operating rules and compliance requirements for the company’s risk and identity products and services, and acts as the primary contact and escalation point for customers and internal departments for matters related to this function. The person in this role will work closely with product development teams, operations, technology, legal, privacy and other functional areas to provide guidance and recommendations regarding the rules, standards and guidelines necessary to support the product strategy. This position will establish relevant governance routines and lead groups of internal and external stakeholders to drive consensus on operating rules and associated processes and ensure that all changes are approved in accordance with governance processes. The position will also develop and implement policies, procedures and controls to manage compliance to operating rules and other related risk functions.
- Lead and manage the development of operating rules and standards;
- Monitor and identify industry and regulatory trends that impact the business and incorporate into the operating rules, standards and processes as appropriate to support business strategy;
- Provide consulting and guidance to internal and external partners on the interpretation and application of operating rules;
- Manage the periodic publication of the operating rules and rule change notifications, and ensure consistency with publication of other product documents such as technical and guideline documents.
- Develop and implement operational compliance processes related to adherence to the operating rules, including the risk management framework for customers
- Develop metrics and reporting to enable business teams, product owners and senior management to assess key risk indicators and business results
- Support regulatory and external and internal audit requests to demonstrate effective product risk and compliance controls;
- Provide effective leadership to the function and develop and manage a highly engaged, high performing team, including matrixed team members from other competency groups
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- 10+ years’ experience in financial services, ideally with risk products, KYC/CIP, fraud and/or compliance
- Strong knowledge of financial services and consumer related laws and regulations including BSA AML, OFAC, FCRA, UDAAP, consumer privacy regulations, FFIEC guidelines, etc., and comfortable dealing with regulatory authorities
- Experience working in a fintech environment or working in a rapidly evolving technically focused organization or industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization, as well as senior leaders at external customers
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build and lead a team
- Excellent analytical skills and appropriate attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to build partnerships and alliances internally and with external partners at all levels of the organization
- Proactive self-starter that requires minimal direction and drives results
- Ability to make effective decisions and drive consensus
- Adapts quickly to shifting priorities and challenges as necessary to support the businss
- Organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and achieve objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex product, technology and regulatory requirements in terms easily understandable by diverse audiences
- Unyielding commitment to highest professional ethics
- Ability to travel (up to approximately 20% of time)
- Background and drug screen
- Law degree or legal training, MBA or other advanced degree.