The Oncology Training Director will be responsible for developing and leading the Oncology product and clinical training curriculum including new hire training and advance training. This individual will lead the launch and ongoing learning and development implementation of programs through innovative live classroom and virtual initiatives that enhance and leverage oncology knowledge. Partnering with sales, marketing and training leadership, he/she will identify needs and/or development opportunities and address them with learning solutions that enhance the personal and professional effectiveness of the sales force and sales management.
This role reports into the AVP, Commercial Operations Oncology and the individual is expected to be an active member of the Oncology Team and help drive the Oncology Sales commercial strategy and execution.
This individual will closely align with the Senior Director of Learning and Development on all training strategies and tactics.
Key objectives include enhance sales force effectiveness through maximization of sales team strategy, through sales training programming, models, workshops, initiatives, processes, and technology advancements. Design, develop and deliver training and development programs that support commercial and brand strategies within agreed timelines, budget, legal/medical/regulatory review process and quality standards.
Sales Training Strategy
- Collaborate with commercial leadership on the brand plan and ensure sales force readiness and tactical execution.
- Support launch of new products and/or new indications.
- Partner with senior commercial management to identify opportunities to enhance sales force productivity and to develop processes, tools and technology improvements
- Identify and monitor risks, barriers, and obstacles, and develop contingency plans as necessary.
- This individual will collaborate with learning and development, sales and marketing leadership in planning to launch solutions at optimal times and in overseeing the use of strategic training to ensure maximum uptake of programs.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to diagnose business unit challenges and internal and external gaps and to identify strategic opportunities which will ultimately impact sales results.
- Select and design tools, procedures and systems related to sales force effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Manage the research, recommendations, and execution of blended learning solutions for Field Training, National Sales Meetings, Development Continuum, and Product Launch Meetings.
- Manages all Oncology related training vendors
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to ensure utilization of Regional Trainers toward development and implementation of key training tactics.
- Collaborate with key management for marketing, sales, and meeting planning to develop the meeting training content that includes product strategy, messaging, training sessions, and related workshops.
- Ensure training records are current, accurate, and in compliance with all company policies, including all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Actively seek relevant market intelligence and communicates the details, strategy, vision and direction to field sales, market access, nurse educator and medical liaison teams in a tone that promotes our unique culture.
- Proactively keep informed and up-to-date on the relevant industry codes of compliance and all related updates.
- Works with teams across the oncology business unit to create effective, positive partnerships and ensure alignment of business needs and objectives
- Stays abreast of the external landscape, including industry and market trends and considers or recommends the consideration of external trends and factors in decision-making
- Develops sustainable capabilities to identify innovation opportunities and mobilize mindsets and processes to explore such opportunities.
- Develop analyses and presentations to support business development and/or commercialization, planning and investment decisions related to training initiatives.
- Helps ensure the long-term sustainability of project deliverables through effective change management.
- Conducts field visits with the field-based employees to assess needs and adapt strategic plans accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years overall pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing experience or relevant experience; 5+ years in Oncology/Urology
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience and/or other relevant experience such as marketing or sales operations or other experience
- Oncology and/or Urology launch experience
- Ability to lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams without authority/without direct reporting line relationship
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities, to make decisions to ensure efficient use of resources
- Knowledge of the Oncology/Urology market and overall trends
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex data to support decision-making and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Proven ability to address problems and opportunities in well organized and systematic ways
- Sophisticated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to summarize relevant market and business intelligence
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Superior understanding of adult learning principles
- Strong facilitation skills